Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moongirl

Which gluten-free Brands Do You Have Reactions From...

Hormel's is suppose to be safe, but their chili seems to give me D. I'm not sure why, maybe it's the spices? Maybe it's not as safe as they say.

Anyone have any bad expeirnces with Hormels?

Yeah, their chili makes my stomach hurt. It passes after about 45 minutes and doesn't move on to my normal gluten reaction.

I've had gluten reactions to Amys products.

How much hot chili do you eat? Could it be a bad reaction to the spices?

GreySaber, I do not eat the "Hot" chili. I am quite certain that I would experience gastro problems with that. I prefer the mild. Yeah, I think it could be the spices that your system is objecting to. Another thought, what else do you typically accompany your chili with? Could it be something on the side?

I KNOW WE'RE ONLY TO DO CC PRODUCTS--AND AT THE RISK OF GETTING 'YELLED AT' BUY THE LOVERS OF BERTS BEES PRODUCTS....

What the heck does "CC" stand for? I kept seeing it earlier in the thread, but I don't undersatnd... :blink:

What the heck does "CC" stand for? I kept seeing it earlier in the thread, but I don't undersatnd... :blink:

CC = cross contamination

Lays

Bobs Red Mill pancake mix

I suspect on Pamelas chocolate chip cookies and possibly peanut butter. No problems with the shortbread ones though so far.

Blue Diamond Nut Thins

I have been having some problems with Almond Breeze and am wondering if I am sensitive to almonds rather than a cc issue. I know I had problems with the Pacific almond milk.

So to sum up this thread so far, people have had trouble with the following brands:

Amy's

Bob's Red Mill

Pamela's

Hormel's

Van's Waffles

Utz Chips

Barbara's Puffins Cereal

Some Whole Foods 365 Brand

Blue Diamond Nut Thins

Lays

Quakers

Arrowhead Mills

Kinnikinnick products

Mi Del cookies

Another mix - big brown bag [My note: sounds like Namaste?]

Lundberg.

Ener-g

Blue Diamond Nut Thins

What's left? Honestly. I'm having trouble thinking of a company that's not on this list. I'm sure as soon as I turn off the computer I'll think of several of them, but...

Arrowhead Mills (and if you call them, as their label suggests you should, you don't get the same answer twice)

Shiloh Farms products

Mrs. Mays snack products

Quaker Corn Meal

Quaker Grits