• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Moongirl

Which gluten-free Brands Do You Have Reactions From...

Rate this topic

Hormel's is suppose to be safe, but their chili seems to give me D. I'm not sure why, maybe it's the spices? Maybe it's not as safe as they say.

Anyone have any bad expeirnces with Hormels?

Van's Waffles

Blue Diamond Nut Thins

Barbara's Puffins Cereal (Honey Rice, I think)

Bob's Red Mill Mighty Tasty Hot Cereal; not Hot Rice Cereal...but really, really believe it was CC

(I have a lot of trouble with Amy's but consider it due to the soy.)

In response to GreySaber: I use Hormel products, and they are one of the few major products that I feel safe with. No problems, and I am very sensitive.

In response to GreySaber: I use Hormel products, and they are one of the few major products that I feel safe with. No problems, and I am very sensitive.

How much hot chili do you eat? Could it be a bad reaction to the spices?

Kinnikinnick products--don't know why???

Pamala's baking products--don't know why???

judy in philly

Amy's

Whole Foods 365 Tater Puffs (probably due to CC)

Pamela's Pancake & Baking Mix

For those who have reacted to the Puffins cereal, it could be soy if you have an issue with that.. I emailed them a few months back when I saw the vitamin E on the ingredient list and sure enough, there is soy. Here is the email I received:

"Thank you for contacting Barbara's Bakery about our Honey Rice Puffins Cereal.

Unfortunately, the Honey Rice Cereal is not Soy Free. We have recently discovered that the Vitamin E in the cereal contains soybeans.

We hope this helps and that you continue to enjoy Barbara's products in excellent health!

Regards,

Tani Hooper

Interim Customer Relations Administrator

Barbara's Bakery, Inc.

www.BarbarasBakery.com"

Pamela's

gluten-free Cereal (can't remember the brand because I only bought it once and then stopped)

Lays

Ruffles

Another mix - big brown bag (can't remember because I quit buying it right away because got so sick)

I KNOW WE'RE ONLY TO DO CC PRODUCTS--AND AT THE RISK OF GETTING 'YELLED AT' BUY THE LOVERS OF BERTS BEES PRODUCTS....

THERE WAS A WHOLE THREAD I POSTED AWHILE AGO FROM ANOTHER FORUM...THE BERTS BEES SHIMMER HAS TOCOPHEROL FROM "VIT- E" AND IS MADE FROM WHEAT GERM.

I WAS ON THE PHONE FOR HOURS AND WEEKS AND THEY KEPT CALLING ME BACK AND FINALLY AGREED I WAS RIGHT AND THE STATEMENTS POSTED FROM CORP. AT FIRST THEY WERE SAYING 'SOYBEAN' BUT THAT IS STILL A PROBLEM FOR SOME OF US.. :ph34r:

I JUST DON'T TRUST THAT PRODUCT AT ALL. I POSTED A THREAD THAT CAME FROM CORP LISTING ALL THE PRODUCTS WITH THE ALLERGENS BESIDE EACH ONE.

JUDY IN PHILLY

Regarding the Puffins cereal... I picked up a box the other day as it was clearly labeled "wheat free"... I still read the ingredients and it was wheat free but I think it had oat flour or something else that did NOT make it gluten-free.