• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

Hi. I've some of the Enterolab tests for my son. He's been gluten-free for about 9 months, was doing great but is now having stomachaches again. Also having leg pains again. This had resolved after a few weeks going gluten-free, but now ??? I'm 100% sure he's eating gluten-free (he's terrified of getting glutened). Out of desperation, I've ordered the tests that can tell me about possible gluten in his system, malapsorption and dairy intolerance. Are these accurate tests, or did I just throw away $500? <_< Any advice on what we can expect? Thanks!

I haven't tried Enterolab, but have only heard good things about it.

After initially feeling a lot better, and all my pains going away, I started having a lot of pain again after being gluten free for four months. That is when my other intolerances showed up! Now that my villi had healed quite a bit, my intestines weren't just absorbing the things I could tolerate again, but also the ones I was intolerant to. When I figured out all my intolerances and started avoiding the offending foods, I got better.

So, my guess is, that he might be gluten free, but has other intolerances that cause these problems. Dairy is a likely culprit, but there are many other things that are common problem foods (especially soy).

I have done Enterolab. Just started on the recommended diet 9 days ago. Tests showed gluten and casien intolerance (soy, eggas and yeast were negative), both genes for celiac disease, and no damage done to intestines. I too was warry of the tests but a lot of people have nothing but good things to say about it

I just got results back from Enterlab and basically it just tells you if you are gluten intolerent which if you were sick before a gluten-free diet and now after a gluten-free diet you are not sick...you may have concluded that. I was eagerly waiting for the results and managed to get on a phone with a woman who know Dr. Fine and also know Dr. Peter Greene? who just wrote a comprehensive book on Celica Diease (the Hidden Epidemic). She likes Dr. Fine but had indicated tha there was just not solid scientific backing on stool testing. (meaning: Is everyone who is tested diagnoised with gluten intolerence?) IS there anyone you have heard of that has gotten a negative result back from the lab?

Sorry if I sound negative...I am a bit frustarated now! I am having the same issues with actually KNOWING whether it is an intolerence or Celiac...for insurance reasons and my child's pediatrican questioning me, doubting me.

I am bravely or stupidly going back to a GI that did and endoscopy on me with negative results 3 years ago, hopefully I can question him without going "Hey, buddy! Did you do that endoscopy right?"

[

I just got results back from Enterlab and basically it just tells you if you are gluten intolerent which if you were sick before a gluten-free diet and now after a gluten-free diet you are not sick...you may have concluded that. I was eagerly waiting for the results and managed to get on a phone with a woman who know Dr. Fine and also know Dr. Peter Greene? who just wrote a comprehensive book on Celica Diease (the Hidden Epidemic). She likes Dr. Fine but had indicated tha there was just not solid scientific backing on stool testing. (meaning: Is everyone who is tested diagnoised with gluten intolerence?) IS there anyone you have heard of that has gotten a negative result back from the lab?

Sorry if I sound negative...I am a bit frustarated now! I am having the same issues with actually KNOWING whether it is an intolerence or Celiac...for insurance reasons and my child's pediatrican questioning me, doubting me.

I am bravely or stupidly going back to a GI that did and endoscopy on me with negative results 3 years ago, hopefully I can question him without going "Hey, buddy! Did you do that endoscopy right?"

[

Yea, there was an earlier thread about if anyone tested negative from Enterolabs. I have heard of a couple so far.