Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guhlia

Jaegerbombs...

Anybody know if Jaegerbombs are traditionally gluten free? BIG party this weekend at the races!

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Guest ~jules~

well I can't say for sure, but jager is liquorice liquor bascially, and isn't liquroice a no no, I many be completely wrong but I thought I heard that we couldn't eat liquorice???? :huh:

you are talking about jagermiester right? :P

Yes, I'm talking about Jaegermeister. I'm pretty sure the actual Jaeger is okay, I just don't know what else goes into it.

~Angie~

Guest ~jules~

Well can we have liquorice, and if so jager is made of it, I used to bartend. Now this is going to bug me, where did I hear that, ugh!!! :blink:

We cannot have solid licorices like Twizzlers because wheat is the binder. However, anise by itself would pose no problem.

What else goes into a Jaegerbomb?

~Angie~

Guest ~jules~

Oh okay, thanks for clearing that up. Ya know I'm new to this and sooo paranoid about what to eat and what not to eat. Its alot to take in. Enjoy your jager then woman! I have no idea what else is in it though sorry :(

It's not a big deal if I can't have them... A friend is bringing me two six packs of New Grist and two six packs of Bard's Tale. I'll have plenty to drink. I just wanted to share in the festivities with the boys. :P I'm sure they'll all understand though if I can't.

On a side note, Jules, it's good to be cautious about what you eat/drink. I never put anything in my mouth or on my body without knowing whether it's safe or not. You'll get this whole diet after a while. I'm just over two years into things and I think I've become pretty saavy...

~Angie~

red bull - both regular and sugarfree are gluten-free.

jager as far as i've read on here multiple times is also gluten-free.

(i hope. because i drink a lot of them now!)

i'd say you're good to go~

-Courtney

Courtney - 25

Columbia, SC

Gluten-free since July 8, 2006

Casein-free since October 16, 2006

Went six weeks, and fell back into a deliciously painful world of cheese.

Casein-free (again and for serious this time) December 11, 2006

Stupid cheese addiction....2/07

Dx Hypothyroid in 1993

Dx Gluten & Casein Sensitive through Enterolab 10/06

Dx Adrenal *Exhaustion* 2/07

Originally from WI, I am still in denial over my newfound casein intolerance. I fear I will not be allowed back into the state if I can no longer eat cheese and drink milk. This could pose some trouble over holidays when I wish to visit my family. It also poses a problem involving the severe rage I feel when I have to throw away somebody's unfinished cheese sticks. That is so wrong.

This is really late.. and I hope you weren't sick.. BUT for anyone else who checks it out I have had problems with Red Bull in the past. It may depend on the sensitivity of your condition but Red Bull contains Caramel Colour which is not always regulated and may contain gluten. I think it makes a difference as to where it is made. I thought I would just throw a warning out there for those who are interested.