This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Any "lost"-aholics Out There?

TriticusToxicum

TriticusToxicum Explorer
I just hope we don't have to watch Sawyer get beat up again--that's getting old. <_<:D

Somewhere I saw a list of ALL the abuse he's taken over the last "70 days". It was quite impressive. His powers of recuperation are AMAZING!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jerseyangel Proficient

OMG Richard--I just noticed your avatar--is that the "Pig-face" episode of the Twilight Zone? I remember seeing that when I was a little kid, and it scared the daylights out of me--I thought about it for a long time after :D All of the pig-faced doctors and nurses running through the halls--scary stuff back then :o

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Patti - OMG - Richard and his avatars :lol::lol::lol: and yes, it IS the Pig Face episode....how creepy was that? and....wasn't there only one normal looking person, and that's why they ran screaming? or was it a normal baby? can't remember.......details are hazy but the pig snouts are firmly entrenched in my mind :lol::o

jerseyangel Proficient
Patti - OMG - Richard and his avatars :lol::lol::lol: and yes, it IS the Pig Face episode....how creepy was that? and....wasn't there only one normal looking person, and that's why they ran screaming? or was it a normal baby? can't remember.......details are hazy but the pig snouts are firmly entrenched in my mind :lol::o

Hi Susan :D

There was one normal person--it was Donna Douglas (the girl who played Ellie May Clampett on the Beverly Hillbillies. She was beautiful, but because she was different from all the others, they were horrified by her. Classic :D

nikki-uk Enthusiast
Don't peek Nikki! :o

Caught me!! :ph34r:

Edit: Just loving that Kaftan look!!

TriticusToxicum Explorer
Hi Susan :D

There was one normal person--it was Donna Douglas (the girl who played Ellie May Clampett on the Beverly Hillbillies. She was beautiful, but because she was different from all the others, they were horrified by her. Classic :D

I love when TVLand does Twilight Zone Marathons. The last time they had a marathon I was outside staining my deck and didn't even know about the marathon. As luck would have it my shut-in neighbor was watching with the volume turned WAAAAAAY UP! I got to enjoy a whole bunch of epi's and stain my deck! Tomorrow I'll have another classic TZ pic as my avatar - don't touch that dial! :P

jmengert Enthusiast

Thanks for the spoilers, Richard! I actually guessed that both of them would happen (I won't go into specifics here for those who don't want to be spoiled).

I've searched all over the 'net for who Kate chooses....and nothing. I guess I'll just have to wait for next week. I'm so impatient :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient
Caught me!! :ph34r:

Edit: Just loving that Kaftan look!!

:D Me too--very chic!

I love when TVLand does Twilight Zone Marathons.

My son does, too. I think there's another station that has the marathons--The Sci-Fi Channel maybe?

jerseyangel Proficient

Well, what did ya'll think? I was somewhat disappointed :(

Mr. Eko took up most of the episode with flashbacks. Then, well, we know what happened to him at the end...he never had much of a story, and has hardly been on this year at all. I was expecting more out of the second-to-last episode of the 1/2 season.

I was hoping for more STORY, and more about the 'regulars". Wished they'd kept Jack and Pointy-face on longer, and WHO was that young couple who joined the search for Eko?? Have we seen them before :blink:

Still love the show--glad I watched but I'm still getting over the gluten attack from Monday, and I'm really grouchy and was so tired last night I could hardly keep my eyes open, then that episode :angry:

TriticusToxicum Explorer
Well, what did ya'll think? I was somewhat disappointed :(

Mr. Eko took up most of the episode with flashbacks. Then, well, we know what happened to him at the end...he never had much of a story, and has hardly been on this year at all. I was expecting more out of the second-to-last episode of the 1/2 season.

I was hoping for more STORY, and more about the 'regulars". Wished they'd kept Jack and Pointy-face on longer, and WHO was that young couple who joined the search for Eko?? Have we seen them before :blink:

Still love the show--glad I watched but I'm still getting over the gluten attack from Monday, and I'm really grouchy and was so tired last night I could hardly keep my eyes open, then that episode :angry:

I agree - the Ecko bit seemed too much like filler. Locke's dialogue was bit stilted too - just poorly written last night. The Jack/Juliet/PF Ben story deserved more screen time. How about the previews for next week! Kate & Sawyer getting hot and heavy :huh::o Is this the END ofr Sawyer :o ? Is Jack being PLAYED (by whom? :huh: ) Oh my....2 cliff-hangers this year! :o

jmengert Enthusiast

Eko has never been one of my favorite characters, so his back story didn't do much for me, and I wasn't especially moved by his death. However, I liked the interaction between Jack and Juliet--I wonder what Jack is going to do? Will he kill Benry?

And it looks like next week from the previews that Sawyer and Kate hook up--ugh. I want Kate with Jack!

Anyway, I can't believe next week is the last episode. I hope it's more exciting than last night's was.

jerseyangel Proficient

Yea--hopefully next week will be better--you would think they'd want to give us something great, so we can't wait until February to watch again. That's a pretty long wait....

I did like the cue cards Juliette used to clue Jack in--wonder if she's on the level?

Oh--who was the shadowy figure in the TV screen? Spooky :ph34r: Too bad that newbie was the one to discover it--just what is the story of those two?

TriticusToxicum Explorer
Yea--hopefully next week will be better--you would think they'd want to give us something great, so we can't wait until February to watch again. That's a pretty long wait....

I did like the cue cards Juliette used to clue Jack in--wonder if she's on the level?

Oh--who was the shadowy figure in the TV screen? Spooky :ph34r: Too bad that newbie was the one to discover it--just what is the story of those two?

I think the will be regulars. They had like two lines in the epi. where Desmond returns. They need some fresh faces, as they've begun to cull the herd :o

CarlaB Enthusiast

Okay, I'm confused ... next week is the last episode of the season? Didn't the season just start? When does the next season start -- Next October????

BTW, I never went back and watched the beginning ... I've only seen this season and I truthfully don't think I'm any more confused than any of you. ;)

jerseyangel Proficient
Okay, I'm confused ... next week is the last episode of the season? Didn't the season just start? When does the next season start -- Next October????

Hi Carla :D

In past seasons, they would chop up the entire season with stretches of reruns--and they didn't run the reruns in any particular order :blink:

This year, they plan to run the show in two blocks--the one that is ending next week, and another one that starts in February. This way, they show consecutive episodes with no reruns.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Hi Carla :D

In past seasons, they would chop up the entire season with stretches of reruns--and they didn't run the reruns in any particular order :blink:

This year, they plan to run the show in two blocks--the one that is ending next week, and another one that starts in February. This way, they show consecutive episodes with no reruns.

Hi Patti! Hope you're feeling better!

Hmmm. Strange. I guess it's a good idea though. Just seems like they could do more than a month and half of new shows for a half season!

You have to excuse me ... I haven't had TV reception for over 12 years, so this is all new to me. :lol:

jerseyangel Proficient
Hi Patti! Hope you're feeling better!

Hmmm. Strange. I guess it's a good idea though. Just seems like they could do more than a month and half of new shows for a half season!

You have to excuse me ... I haven't had TV reception for over 12 years, so this is all new to me. :lol:

:lol: The TV season has gotten shorter in the last 12 years! Everybody is cutting costs!

I agree about the month and a half--I wonder how long the second half will be? I wonder why they didn't just divide the total episodes in half? :huh:

I'm fine--the stomach stuff is about over, just tired and crabby :D How about you? Any better? :)

CarlaB Enthusiast

Still fatigued very badly ... the other issue is still there, too. I've stopped dropping weight though, but that might be because I'm eating more and including lots of fat for the calories. I'm going to start looking for other issues as I'm starting to think that the food intolerances may be because of something else. I ordered a Lyme test that will get here next week, then I take it to my doc to be tested. That seemed like the obvious place to start since I have so many of the symptoms. If that's not it, I'm going to keep looking .... since I'm non-celiac gluten intolerant, it just seems I should be doing better considering it'll be one year gluten-free next month!

jerseyangel Proficient
Still fatigued very badly ... the other issue is still there, too. I've stopped dropping weight though, but that might be because I'm eating more and including lots of fat for the calories. I'm going to start looking for other issues as I'm starting to think that the food intolerances may be because of something else. I ordered a Lyme test that will get here next week, then I take it to my doc to be tested. That seemed like the obvious place to start since I have so many of the symptoms. If that's not it, I'm going to keep looking .... since I'm non-celiac gluten intolerant, it just seems I should be doing better considering it'll be one year gluten-free next month!

I read how you were going to test for Lyme--that's a good idea.

My other intolerances didn't show up until I was gluten-free for several months. I had been doing much better on the gluten-free diet, and then suddenly I was just as sick as I was before--it was terrible. It might be worth a try to experiment with some elimination of the usual suspects like soy, corn, any plant protein that you think may be causing a problem. Many times, it's something that you eat often.

Green12 Enthusiast

I guess I am in the minority here, but I enjoyed the episode and was devastated that Eko was killed. I think it got back to the question of whether or not the island is "judgement island", examining the areas of gray when good people do bad things. So I am feeling kind of bummed that in the end his life was taken, and marked a "bad" man for just trying to survive and protect his brother.

TriticusToxicum Explorer
I guess I am in the minority here, but I enjoyed the episode and was devastated that Eko was killed. I think it got back to the question of whether or not the island is "judgement island", examining the areas of gray when good people do bad things. So I am feeling kind of bummed that in the end his life was taken, and marked a "bad" man for just trying to survive and protect his brother.

I'm still not sure quite what to make of "Smokey"...When Eko first encountered it it looks like it "scanned" his memories (there were pictures of things from his past in the smoke cloud). Then in this most recent epi. it seemed to use all of those bad memories against him...It seemed like everything was going to be ok up until he said he wasn't sorry for the way he lived his life...The Yemi apparition seemed pretty ticked after that. :o

It seemed to me that the other times when Eko encountered Smokey that he had no fear and faced it down. The last time he seemed to be afraid (didn't he try Psalm 23 or something? i can't recall) and that's when Smokey got him...There is definitely a human element controlling Smokey....maybe patch man? There are still a couple of undiscovered hatches...I guess we'll have to wait and see...

2Boys4Me Enthusiast

Ditto.

And when did Sayid get back? I assume that he, Jin and Sun swam back to the island (from the boat) and then walked back? :unsure:

Green12 Enthusiast

OMG, where are my Lost peeps today? :lol:

What did everyone think of last nights ep??

I LOVED it, thought it was great.

Nikki, recap:

Ben is still very creepy :lol: .

Flashback- Kate was on the run from the fed as "Monica", married a cop and had "taco" nights :lol: , realized she had to keep running, told her new hubby the truth, drugged him and left.

Kate and Sawyer do it :lol:

He says he loves her, awww.

They bury Eko, Locke sees something etched on his prayer stick, something like "look to the north with eyes open", anybody?

Jack decides to operate on Ben's tumor afterall, not happy about it though. At the end he makes an incision in the kidney, something like that, and says if they don't let Kate go he won't stitch it up and Ben will die.

Kate doesn't want to leave, they are going to kill Sawyer in revenge for Colleen's life.

Did I miss anything Richard?

jerseyangel Proficient

I loved the episode last night! :D

It was kinda sad about Kate and her nice husband :( Loved the Sawyer/Kate scenes, though B)

At the end, I was literally on the edge of my chair. With this show, you really never know....

Didn't Ben (Pointy Face) look extra creepy in that close-up with the glasses?

Julie said "peeps" again :lol:

TriticusToxicum Explorer

Who is Jacob?

When Pickett and the other guy were on the way out to the cages (while Ben is under the knife) the no name says something to Pickett and Pickett says something to the effect of "He wasn't on Jacob's list"...hmmm more mysteries

I wonder what Jack asked Ben for in return for doing the surgery?

How are Ben and Alex connected? She was asking about him as she was carried away, and he asked about her before he went under. Alex also said something about "they're gonna kill your boyfriend just like they killed mine" Who's the boyfriend? The guy in the cage (Karl?), Ben? One eyed patch guy?

One thing (this goes waaaaaaaaay back to the first season) I'm still wondering is in Kate's first epi (Born to Run) she checks in to a hotel in Iowa and there is an envelope full of cash waiting for her - who sent it? :huh:

I guess we'll all have to wait a little longer :)

Archived