This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

2 Years Since Hes Gone..

num1habsfan

num1habsfan Rising Star

I know I posted not long ago about that my uncle would have been 35....well, today is exactly 2 years since hes passed away :(

If you look in my signature, it says October 2nd..but it was ctually only Oct. 1 in Canada (and no, right now I dont feel like explaining)..

I just wish I DIDNT remember the date. I didnt until it hit midnight...then the memories of the news started rolling back into my head.....

Blah :P

~lisa~

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tiffjake Enthusiast

Lisa, I am sorry for your loss. I hope that with time, you don't feel the rush of sadness on this date.

Daxin Explorer

Lisa,

It's normal to remember our loved ones and the loss incurred. In time, this day will get easier, but the memories will always be there.

(hugs) I am sorry for your loss, and hope youfind comfort today.

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi Lisa,

I hope that today you can find comfort in the wonderful memories of your uncle. :)

TinkerbellSwt Collaborator

Hello Lisa. I am sorry you have a terrible time on that day. I think that is a normal feeling. I know you probably hate to hear that. I wish I could say something wise and make the hurt go away. I only hope in time you will begin to feel better. Try and think about good times with your uncle.

You are in my thoughts. (((((((((((((()))))))))))))

mommida Enthusiast

I think it is totally normal to feel the way you do.

A way you can change this is to make this date a something special day. Call your family members, just to say "I love you". Talk about something funny you remember about him or just tell a joke. Do something he loved to do. A trip to a favorite hangout/ park/ store. Make new happy memories.

L.

lindalee Enthusiast

So sorry Lisa. Take care of yourself. :wub:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

num1habsfan Rising Star

Thanks guys. Its not as hard as it was last year but...all I've done all day is think of the things in the last year that he should have been a part of, and all the time that I needed him and nobody else :(

~ lisa ~

ravenwoodglass Mentor
Thanks guys. Its not as hard as it was last year but...all I've done all day is think of the things in the last year that he should have been a part of, and all the time that I needed him and nobody else :(

~ lisa ~

Those days are so hard. I can't give much advice on coping, my bad days are June 15 and July 2. It has been over 30 years since I lost my twin and my Mom and I still have a hard time. I do set aside a time on those days just for thoughts of them. I pull out albums and memories and allow myself to feel sad for a bit. I tell them things that I would want them to know and I tell them how much I miss them. I try to treat it like a short visit and will cry for a while and then I put the albums back on the shelf and tell them I will see them soon. Then I go and do something that they might have liked. Many times I go to the lake and look for a special rock, last year on the 15th I found a rock with another heart shaped one inside it still sits on my bedside table. I know it is silly but I think of that rock as a gift from my brother to comfort me.

Loss is never easy, sometimes the pain dulls a bit with time. Sometimes it doesn't. It doesn't matter whether the person we lost had a hundred years with us or only a single breath it hurts.

I hope you find some comfort and peace. ((((((((Hugs)))))))))

Archived