Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JenKuz

Celiac On The Brain?

I had the funniest dream last night. I dreamt that I got my enterolab test results back, but they were very confusing, and I didn't know what to do, so I posted them right away for ya'll to comment. They were Gliadin 4; ttg 10; and malapsorbtion 449 (!). I'll get the results in another week or two. We'll see if I'm clairvoyant :) but I really hope not, because those results would be hard to interpret.

One thought I had, in my dream, was, Well, I guess it's not celiac, but...I'm sure gonna miss that discussion forum!

Enterolab:

Fecal Antigliadin IgA 20 (Normal Range <10 Units)

Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 9 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score 1223 Units (Normal Range <300 Units)

Fecal Anti-Soy IgA 18 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 8,7)

Gastritis dx 10/24

Eosinophilia of large bowel dx 10/29

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Aren't dreams like that crazy? You can't stop thinking about them. I get that sort of thing sometimes.

Let's hope that your results won't be as confusing as that!

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aren't dreams like that crazy? You can't stop thinking about them. I get that sort of thing sometimes.

Let's hope that your results won't be as confusing as that!

I also am waiting for results from Enterolab for my son. We've been trying to get a diagnosis of some sort for six months now. All three of my children got food poisoning in April and haven't been the same since. I feel like my husband and I have been doing all the research and have gotten no help! We also asked them to test for H Pylori because those symptoms seem like they could match as well. It's so frustrating!!! I found out my first doctor ran the wrong test when my son was eating gluten. Now, my new doctor wants to run the right test, but he's already been off gluten for a month. Neither of them know what they're doing!! Why is the entire medical community not knowledgeable on this disease. Do you all think that Enterolab is reliable? Do you think I should discuss results with my medical doctor, or will they not take it seriously? Please reply, I'm going crazy!!

Medical docs probably won't take them seriously even though Dr. Fine has excellent credentials. I was very happy with their service.

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

I also am waiting for results from Enterolab for my son. We've been trying to get a diagnosis of some sort for six months now. All three of my children got food poisoning in April and haven't been the same since. I feel like my husband and I have been doing all the research and have gotten no help! We also asked them to test for H Pylori because those symptoms seem like they could match as well. It's so frustrating!!! I found out my first doctor ran the wrong test when my son was eating gluten. Now, my new doctor wants to run the right test, but he's already been off gluten for a month. Neither of them know what they're doing!! Why is the entire medical community not knowledgeable on this disease. Do you all think that Enterolab is reliable? Do you think I should discuss results with my medical doctor, or will they not take it seriously? Please reply, I'm going crazy!!

I think it depends on the doctor. I was a bit skeptical of the tests, but I asked them some questions and I think they're very reliable. The medical explanation makes sense--IgA is produced in the gut, especially this one, so it makes more sense to test it in the stool than the blood. The assay uses the same substrate as the blood tests use, so it's tried-and-true. There is no known source for cross-reactivity with the substrate in the stool. So, I don't think there's anything to argue with. Plus Dr. Fine's CV is excellent. He also has major NIH grants for testing his method.

If you go to your Dr. with enterolab results, I would make sure to print some of these things and take them along.

Enterolab:

Fecal Antigliadin IgA 20 (Normal Range <10 Units)

Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 9 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score 1223 Units (Normal Range <300 Units)

Fecal Anti-Soy IgA 18 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 8,7)

Gastritis dx 10/24

Eosinophilia of large bowel dx 10/29