This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Celiac On The Brain?

JenKuz

JenKuz Explorer

I had the funniest dream last night. I dreamt that I got my enterolab test results back, but they were very confusing, and I didn't know what to do, so I posted them right away for ya'll to comment. They were Gliadin 4; ttg 10; and malapsorbtion 449 (!). I'll get the results in another week or two. We'll see if I'm clairvoyant :) but I really hope not, because those results would be hard to interpret.

One thought I had, in my dream, was, Well, I guess it's not celiac, but...I'm sure gonna miss that discussion forum!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Ursa Major Collaborator

Aren't dreams like that crazy? You can't stop thinking about them. I get that sort of thing sometimes.

Let's hope that your results won't be as confusing as that!

rez Apprentice
Aren't dreams like that crazy? You can't stop thinking about them. I get that sort of thing sometimes.

Let's hope that your results won't be as confusing as that!

I also am waiting for results from Enterolab for my son. We've been trying to get a diagnosis of some sort for six months now. All three of my children got food poisoning in April and haven't been the same since. I feel like my husband and I have been doing all the research and have gotten no help! We also asked them to test for H Pylori because those symptoms seem like they could match as well. It's so frustrating!!! I found out my first doctor ran the wrong test when my son was eating gluten. Now, my new doctor wants to run the right test, but he's already been off gluten for a month. Neither of them know what they're doing!! Why is the entire medical community not knowledgeable on this disease. Do you all think that Enterolab is reliable? Do you think I should discuss results with my medical doctor, or will they not take it seriously? Please reply, I'm going crazy!!

CarlaB Enthusiast

Medical docs probably won't take them seriously even though Dr. Fine has excellent credentials. I was very happy with their service.

JenKuz Explorer
I also am waiting for results from Enterolab for my son. We've been trying to get a diagnosis of some sort for six months now. All three of my children got food poisoning in April and haven't been the same since. I feel like my husband and I have been doing all the research and have gotten no help! We also asked them to test for H Pylori because those symptoms seem like they could match as well. It's so frustrating!!! I found out my first doctor ran the wrong test when my son was eating gluten. Now, my new doctor wants to run the right test, but he's already been off gluten for a month. Neither of them know what they're doing!! Why is the entire medical community not knowledgeable on this disease. Do you all think that Enterolab is reliable? Do you think I should discuss results with my medical doctor, or will they not take it seriously? Please reply, I'm going crazy!!

I think it depends on the doctor. I was a bit skeptical of the tests, but I asked them some questions and I think they're very reliable. The medical explanation makes sense--IgA is produced in the gut, especially this one, so it makes more sense to test it in the stool than the blood. The assay uses the same substrate as the blood tests use, so it's tried-and-true. There is no known source for cross-reactivity with the substrate in the stool. So, I don't think there's anything to argue with. Plus Dr. Fine's CV is excellent. He also has major NIH grants for testing his method.

If you go to your Dr. with enterolab results, I would make sure to print some of these things and take them along.

Archived