This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Really Random Sandwich

Mango04

Mango04 Enthusiast

I'm wondering if this might be more appropriate in the "you know you a celiac when" thread but oh well :rolleyes:

Here are the ingredients:

2 corn thins

1/2 avocado

plain hummus

put the avocado on one corn thin, the hummus on the other, put em together... and there you have it...a really random sandwich. They just happened to be the only ingredients I had handy and I was hungry...but it was good! I'm thinking the addition of some turkey or chicken and salt and pepper might make it even better and less strange, but anyway, just thought I'd share...

(corn thins in my opinion are MUCH better than gluten-free bread in sandwich type situations....)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

megzmc3611 Rookie

I put peanut butter on one corn thin and cream cheese on another corn thin and made a sandwich...sounds kind of strange but it was really good in my opinion! :)

dionnek Enthusiast

Thanks for the idea - I just had a tuna/hummus/corn tortilla sandwhich yesterday, but now I want to try this with the avocado - great idea!

By "corn thins" do you mean tortillas, or is there something out there that I don't know about (I'm new to this)?

TriticusToxicum Explorer

It's not a sandwich, but delicious nonetheless. I was going to have some Cocoa Pebbles last night, but we only had enough milk for the kids for breakfast, so I scooped out some Edy's Root Beer Float ice cream and poured the Pebbles on. Why didn't I think of this sooner? :huh:

tarnalberry Community Regular

I'd vote chicken over turkey, due to the hummus, but yes, that would be one tasty sandwhich. Wonder if you could get a tomato to stay on that thing? :lol:

Kaycee Collaborator

Corn thins are one of my staples. And they don't go stale

Cottage cheese and avocado.

corn thins under baked beans and scrambled eggs.

In a hurry, just corn thins.

But when doing after school care, I must remember to take a few to share with the children. But they love the sakata crackers better, but would rather the flavoured types, which I won't have, only plain for me.

Catherine

BeckyW Contributor

What are corn thins? Is there a certain brand? Is this a cracker? Please give more details as this sounds great! :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

megzmc3611 Rookie
What are corn thins? Is there a certain brand? Is this a cracker? Please give more details as this sounds great! :D

They should be in the same aisle with the rice cakes (they come in the same type of packaging and they also look like rice cakes). I have found them in the Wild Harvest section of Shaw's and also with the rice cakes in Whole Foods. They are made by Real Foods.....website is www.cornthins.com

BeckyW Contributor

Thank you for sharing these with us! I can't wait to try them! I hope they have them at the Whole Foods by us. I've been looking for something to use as a "sandwich"! :D

megzmc3611 Rookie
Thank you for sharing these with us! I can't wait to try them! I hope they have them at the Whole Foods by us. I've been looking for something to use as a "sandwich"! :D

They are very good..I hope you find them! I eat them constantly....they are good for a quick snack by themselves as well... (with a few squirts of "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" no-fat buttery spray, they taste just like buttered popcorn!)

miamia Rookie
They are very good..I hope you find them! I eat them constantly....they are good for a quick snack by themselves as well... (with a few squirts of "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" no-fat buttery spray, they taste just like buttered popcorn!)

these are good I agree- I like them best with peanut butteror some nut butter

but I also make them with pesto sauce and vegees

Miamia

AndreaB Contributor

You guys are making me hungry.

I might have to try and find some of those.

I assume Wild Oats would have them.?

Mango04 Enthusiast
You guys are making me hungry.

I might have to try and find some of those.

I assume Wild Oats would have them.?

Yes I'm sure they would. Corn Thins present endless sandwich possibilities :lol: I also like them with peanut butter. Sometimes I make egg sandwiches with them for breakfast.

• 2 years later...
lindalee Enthusiast

Can you freeze Corn Thins? Anyone tried it? I love these. Great with Salmon, slice of onion, dolop of sour cream, pepper and dill.

Chrissyb Enthusiast

Oh now that sounds do good with Salmon, sour cream and dill mmm mmm good. I had mine with egg salad the other day and that was good. They are nice because I get tired of rice cakes.

OptimisticMom42 Apprentice

Todays lunch sandwich........

90 second yummy bread (made with rice flour, flax, walnuts, garlic)

Ahi tuna

canola mayo

yellow low acid tomato from my BF's garden

avocado

sea salt

pepper

Yuuuuuummmm :P

Archived