Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Canadian Karen

I Keep On E-Mailing Celiac3270 - No Response.....

I have no idea where in NYC celiac3270 lives, but I e-mailed him after that plane accident just to make sure he is okay. I have e-mailed again, neither time getting a response. He usually doesn't go this long without checking his e-mail.

I really hope he is okay....... That boy has a special place in my heart. He's the first person to reach out to me when I stumbled upon this site......

Karen

Karen

positive bloodwork, positive biopsy

Celiac, collagenous colitis, hypothyroidism

endometriosis (at age 20)

spinal stenosis (early 20's)

Biopsy August 2006 confirmed complete villous atrophy despite being gluten-free for years and bloodwork within range showing compliance with diet. Doctor has confirmed diagnosis of Refractory Celiac Sprue.

Endoscopy also showed numerous stomach ulcers, have started taking Losec.

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs

Rhiannon 8 yrs

Daniel & Connor 6 yr twin boys......

"Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us."

Orison Swett Marden

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.

-- Victor Borge

"An optimist laughs to forget. A pessimist forgets to laugh."

Tom Nansbury

"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac."

Unknown

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Karen, perhaps someone here has his phone # that they can PM to you?

I do, also, hope all is well :)

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

I know what you mean about celiac3270. He is so very special. Please let us know if you hear from him. Maybe his computer is down or he is working hard and has not checked his email.

"Throw yourself a pity-party and you'll be the only guest." - Earlene Fowler

Diag. Celiac Disease by positive blood test 2/03/2004

Allergies - corn, soy, casein, egg whites and wheat

Morphia Scleroderma

Osteoarthritis

Hypothyroid and Hperthyroid

Essential Tremors

Asthma

Migraines

Fibromyalgia - diag. in 1978 when they called it Fibrositis

PAD Peripheral Artery Disease

Angina and Atrial Fibrillation

Gluten Ataxia

Vitiligo

Scoliosis of the spine (caused by malabsorption and it is horribly painful) This would be enough reason for someone to go gluten free.

Ocular Myastenia Gravis

The logs say his last activity was Yesterday, 09:52 PM... Hope this puts you at ease a little.

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

If I remember correctly I think I remember him mentioning once that he lives downtown, which is no where near where the plane hit. A lot of my friends live on the UES, and I don't think any other buildings besides the one the plane crashed into, were affected.

I'm sure he's fine, but please update us when you hear from him.

Jillian

Positive Blood test and Biopsy

Inflamed stomach lining

Gluten free since July 6, 2005

Tarrytown, NY

"Sometimes being a b$tch is all a woman has to hold onto." - Dolores Claiborne

Whoa, sorry guys.

I'm fine, but I'm touched that you were concerned. I got a PM from kevsmom about an hour ago, or I wouldn't have checked this topic. Karen, I haven't been using that e-mail address regularly for a few months now (celiac3270king@gmail.com is a better one). I had been checking both, but as school becomes increasingly time consuming, I haven't been as diligent. That also explains my relative absence from the board; I try to read, but I haven't had the time to post.

Thank you for asking, though... it means a lot to me ;)

-celiac3270

celiac3270, I'm so glad all is well with you!

I've sure missed you!

Judy in philly

Judy in Southern CA

Nice to see ANY post from you, celiac3270. You were a major player when I first went on this board and it was better in those days, more pure and informational and not so much confrontation. I had been wondering just where you were and whether you even were a part of this forum anymore. It is good to know that you take a peek from time to time. We don't see as much of Katie either, she is probably busy with her life too and that is a good thing for both of you. I think once we get used to the fact the we have to eat gluten-free, we just accept it as part of the routine and don't dwell on it all the time or let it take up so much of our time. That is the way it should be. I come here occasionally to see what is up, take what I can from it, but don't really get too involved or excited over things anymore. Barbara

I am so glad to see that celiac3270 posted :D . I PM'd him asking him to do so. This is a copy of his reply to me:

Hi Cindy,

You can tell anyone else who was wondering that I've just taken a break. I'm doing fine-- great, actually... but I have a ton of work for school and I haven't really had a chance to post for the past few weeks. I still read the forum when I can, but the posting has been minimal. Don't be worried, but thanks for asking! Great to know that I've been missed.

-celiac3270

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease April 2005

Diabetic