This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Have Candida, Celiac And Lactose Intolerance Help With Food Ideas Please!

curlysue

curlysue Newbie

Hello friends-

first I must say how inviting and beautiful a thing it is to have found this site!

ok, a little about me: I am lactose intolerant, and have Candida and at the moment a kidney infection that feels like it hasn't cleared up with 3 days of meds-still have that lower back pain- gotta call the doc-

recently 7 days ago at the doc, they commented that they believe that I more than likely have celiac disease because of the symptoms and otherr issues. I had my gallbladder taken out last year and can't seem to get rid of this candida. I have had that brain fog I've heard many of you speak of, as well as the chronic fatigue and other stomach issues for quite awhile-

I believe the doctor and in looking back see that when i have eaten gluten containing foods, i feel horrible after, so i have committed to go on this diet for the next 4 weeks to be clear about it all- I am probably going to do the gene test soon so dieting won't mess it up.

I have to say I feel better since going gluten free :D but the adjustment has been a harrowing one!

our house is not yet gluten free- and i don't fully know what that should look like anyway at the moment, but yesterday all i had to eat was...

a granny smith apple for breakfast,

a couple of handfulls of almonds, lots of water, and 3 hasbrowns for lunch,

and a bowl of zuccini with butter for dinner (which seemed to hurt me later)

believe me, i like to eat!! and am in no way have a eating disorder

but i didn't necessarily feel like i was starving- i just ached- like ummmm what should i eat?, can't eat that, can't eat that... there was just nothing there and not all the right ingredients or the time to go get them, not to mention the cost!

the gluten free diet seems like it would be something easier to implement if I didn't have these other issues like the lactose intolerance and the candida, which takes out sugars of all kinds including fruits really, and also yeasts.

I am at a bit of a loss i must say-

I've always thought i was a pretty healthy person, but now it's staggering to think that this is a life change!

I have known I need to change my eating habits! and maybe this is God's way of helping me do it sooner before i develope those deeper worse issues like lupis or leaky gut!

I'm hoping to get rid of this candida so that my diet can ease up a bit but like I said I'm at a loss~

today just because I thought I'd go insaine if i ate another can of tuna for a meal- I went to the store and spurged on rice milk, the pure bars, gluten-free cookie mix, rice chips, gluten-free cereal, sugar free taffy, gluten-free semi-sweet chocolate morsels and better n egg beaters-

and half of those things, though they are gluten free- which is what i need, contain cane sugar or other sugars, or dairy- I don't even know if i can have those better n egg dealios-

and the sugar free things often give me the hersey squirts

anyway, i feel like i've been ranting, and i hope i don't sound pitiful, I'm not sorry for myself, i just feel kinda like an alien in this world, standing in front of the small section of the grocery food isle that contains gluten free foods and still finding that I can't eat those-

does anyone else have CANDIDA, Celiac disease and Lactose intolerance?

if so please give me some ideas for foods! I don't want to starve :blink:

thanks so much- sorry this is long! :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

aikiducky Apprentice

Hi, just a quick answer.... last spring, for a while, all I could eat was green veg and meat or fish. So that's what I ate, breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I basically had stir fry three times a day. :P

Anyway, you know it's probably not forever, so just get a good variety of veggies and some cans of tuna, some chicken etc. and cook yourself a meal! You'll get to the gluten free cookies and stuff later when you've healed more. :)

Pauliina

tracey* Rookie

No candida, but I can't have yeast - which is similiar? I'm also gluten and lactose intolerant

Did you get a good gluten/yeast/lactose free probiotic? It's helped me alot

I'd go with the fish, chicken, vegetables, rice diet - there's no need to go without totally. Gluten free pasta, basil pesto and chopped up tomato is nice :) Quinoa with a chopped up apple is good for breakfast. Can you have egg? Omlette's are good!

I hardly eat sugar anymore, except for the occasion gluten-free YF cookie. I don't really miss it or crave it.

bluejeangirl Contributor

If you really want to get rid of the candida you would not eat wheat anyway just because candida thrive on it.

What you really want to do is eat a low carb diet like the Atkins diet or Paleolithic. Its going to take alittle work with planning your meals ahead and extra time in the kitchen. You don't want to be stuck eating hashbrowns for lunch again B) Are you taking a good probiotic. A real good one is Threelac and you can get it thru amazon .com. Also a good anti fungal product. Nystatin, Caprylic acid, holy basil extract etc.

I don't know how much of this you already know. I'm alittle concerned with what your eating. You'll feel so much better having protein and veggies. I know I lived on salads because they are non starchy vegetable.

The good news is you get better and you don't have to eat that way forever.

Be careful about eating gluten free products just because they are gluten free. They are usually made with flours from potatoes, white rice, corn starch, are things that are bad for candida and will raise blood sugar.

Good luck!

curlysue Newbie

Hey, I just wanted to say thank you all so much for writing with your comments- they have really helped! but mostly thanks for taking the time to read that huge! post!!

It's good to have others helping to cope!!

blessings,

Jen :lol:

NoGluGirl Contributor
Hello friends-

first I must say how inviting and beautiful a thing it is to have found this site!

ok, a little about me: I am lactose intolerant, and have Candida and at the moment a kidney infection that feels like it hasn't cleared up with 3 days of meds-still have that lower back pain- gotta call the doc-

recently 7 days ago at the doc, they commented that they believe that I more than likely have celiac disease because of the symptoms and otherr issues. I had my gallbladder taken out last year and can't seem to get rid of this candida. I have had that brain fog I've heard many of you speak of, as well as the chronic fatigue and other stomach issues for quite awhile-

I believe the doctor and in looking back see that when i have eaten gluten containing foods, i feel horrible after, so i have committed to go on this diet for the next 4 weeks to be clear about it all- I am probably going to do the gene test soon so dieting won't mess it up.

I have to say I feel better since going gluten free :D but the adjustment has been a harrowing one!

our house is not yet gluten free- and i don't fully know what that should look like anyway at the moment, but yesterday all i had to eat was...

a granny smith apple for breakfast,

a couple of handfulls of almonds, lots of water, and 3 hasbrowns for lunch,

and a bowl of zuccini with butter for dinner (which seemed to hurt me later)

believe me, i like to eat!! and am in no way have a eating disorder

but i didn't necessarily feel like i was starving- i just ached- like ummmm what should i eat?, can't eat that, can't eat that... there was just nothing there and not all the right ingredients or the time to go get them, not to mention the cost!

the gluten free diet seems like it would be something easier to implement if I didn't have these other issues like the lactose intolerance and the candida, which takes out sugars of all kinds including fruits really, and also yeasts.

I am at a bit of a loss i must say-

I've always thought i was a pretty healthy person, but now it's staggering to think that this is a life change!

I have known I need to change my eating habits! and maybe this is God's way of helping me do it sooner before i develope those deeper worse issues like lupis or leaky gut!

I'm hoping to get rid of this candida so that my diet can ease up a bit but like I said I'm at a loss~

today just because I thought I'd go insaine if i ate another can of tuna for a meal- I went to the store and spurged on rice milk, the pure bars, gluten-free cookie mix, rice chips, gluten-free cereal, sugar free taffy, gluten-free semi-sweet chocolate morsels and better n egg beaters-

and half of those things, though they are gluten free- which is what i need, contain cane sugar or other sugars, or dairy- I don't even know if i can have those better n egg dealios-

and the sugar free things often give me the hersey squirts

anyway, i feel like i've been ranting, and i hope i don't sound pitiful, I'm not sorry for myself, i just feel kinda like an alien in this world, standing in front of the small section of the grocery food isle that contains gluten free foods and still finding that I can't eat those-

does anyone else have CANDIDA, Celiac disease and Lactose intolerance?

if so please give me some ideas for foods! I don't want to starve :blink:

thanks so much- sorry this is long! :P

Dear curlysue,

I know exactly where you are coming from! I may have Candida and have had severe stomach trouble too! It has improved since going gluten free, but lately I have been feeling rough again. I caught a stomach bug last week, and I think it has messed up my body again. Finding yeast- free gluten- free food is tough. Not many places have them. They also are extremely expensive. Get as many different kinds of veggies as you can. I have done a lot of research on Candida, and even wrote an essay on it. I would be more than happy to send it to you if you provide your e-mail address. According to the research I have done, you must keep your carbohydrate intake between 60 and 80 grams per day. Also, rotating your diet helps prevent development of other food sensitivities and allergies. Since starting the gluten-free thing, I have been hungry constantly as well. I get low blood sugar, which can cause major problems. Like you, I also had my gallbladder removed, but did not get rid of the problems afterward. With Candida, there may be some supplements or herbs that could help kill it off quicker, too. I will check out my books. I have read so many with my research, I honestly cannot remember how many! There are so many things like aged foods with vinegar, soy sauce, peanuts, pistacchios, fruit juices, teas (except green), coffee, dried fruits that contain natural molds that can further complicate recovery. If you would like a copy of my essay, all you need to do is ask! :D Also, I will check out some stuff and see what I can find for your food choices in my books. I too, have devoured can of tuna after can of tuna, and that could be just as detrimental, due to mercury poisoning. Sometimes, I feel like I need to live in a bubble! :ph34r: Do you?

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

daffadilly Apprentice

Curlysue, Welcome to the boards, sorry you have so many issues going on. I do not know much about candida, but you could google "Specific Carbohydrate Diet" (SCD), I think there is a good link at pecanbread.com or something like that...

You are probably in the midst of a sugar addiction. All that stuff that you bought at the store you need to just pack it away. What you really need is some baked or boiled chicken, some cooked carrots, some cooked broccoli and maybe some coleslaw. bake a sweet potato, make a stir fry out of any veggies and meat that you like, cook a pot of brown rice or a wild and brown rice mix, I like the Lundberg rice mixes, available at most grocery stores.

get some wild salmon and have some baked salmon, or talapia fillets, add some veggies (roasted is good)

Have a shrimp cocktail,

my favorite new salad combination (this is really good, I am not kidding) chopped kale (try it), chopped red cabbage, minced red onion, fresh cilantro, boiled chicken diced, chopped bell pepper (any colors red & yellow is good & nutritious), tomatoes, sprinkle on some walnuts & your favorite salad dressing

I think that you will find when you start eating the "whole foods" as we call it and get off the dairy and gluten that your tastes will change and your food cravings will go away.

I highly suggest that you do not eat any of the gluten free treats for a time, it gets complicated adding those in right away. better to wait at least 3 to 6 months before baking those Gluten free Pantry brownies...

Going gluten-free is not just about replacing the wheat things with gluten-free things, but changing the way that you eat to start off with. Most regular diets with wheat are not really all that nutritious when you start looking at it. But, I will say that it is a process that you will come to yourself, it will not all happen in one day & two years from now you will look back and not believe some of the stuff that you are writing to others !!!!

I will say that one of the first things to do is to rething the whole breakfast issue. You have to think outside the box. I eat a lot of fruit, but that might not be good for you, so just know that it is okay to eat the dinner leftovers for breakfast, or a salad that you make the night before ...

Forgot to say that I hope you get your gene test thru Enterolab because they also test for the DQ1 gene.

Enterolab.com $l68.00 (includes tax & shipping) it is a cheek swab.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived