Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

imsohungry

Finally, I'm A gluten-free "chef"

I have finally found a gluten-free cookbook that has recipes that turn out good when I try to make them!

I have made pizza crusts, pancakes, banana nut muffins, and zuchinni muffins and they ALL turned out! :D

For anyone who has read about all of my pitiful previous attempts at cooking, you know what a big deal this is!

I've made a couple of good desserts in the past (mainly cookies), but I've never been able to cook dinner-type food that actually turned out delicious. :P

Needless to say, I've put on five pounds in the last couple of weeks. :rolleyes: But I could really care less about it because I have real, tasty, food again.

(The zuchinni muffins and pizza crust are soooo good). It seems stupid to get so excited, but I'm so happy to have something to eat quickly besides cocoa pebbles and Van's waffles. :) -Julie

Loves of my life: God, my hubby, and my baby boy!

"I will never give up on my dreams; I will simply modify my path for reaching them." (JH-me).

"Life's a dance you learn as you go, sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow"

(John Michael Montgomery).

"I'm gonna be somebody, one of these days I'm gonna break these chains" (Travis Tritt).

"Life is better left to chance. I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss the dance."

(Garth Brooks).

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

congrats! what cookbook are you using?

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.

Happy, happy, joy, joy song to you. :D:D

Feels like you crossed over the mountain. Good for you.!

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Thank you both! :D

The name of the cookbook is: Special Diet Solutions by Carol Fenster.

So far, I am really enjoying it. I don't think I'll be ordering Kinnik's carrot muffins anymore now that I made my zuchinni muffins and they tasted just as good!

-Julie

"I will never give up on my dreams; I will simply modify my path for reaching them." (JH-me).

"I'm gonna be somebody, one of these days I'm gonna break these chains" (Travis Tritt).

"Life is better left to chance. I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss the dance."

(Garth Brooks).

thats awesome! I read you liked the van's waffles, i thought those were okay, but LOVED the pamelas baking and pancake mix -waffles- i just made three batches of the recipe one night-(took maybe an hour to complete, with cleanup) baked them in the waffle iron- then froze them in ziplocs. they are YUM!!! with real maple syrup- you can not tell they are not gourmet waffles :)

im like you cocoa ceral in a pinch- when i need something FAST!

:D

Thanks everyone!

I'm about to try the biscuits this weekend. (Something I have NEVER been able to make gluten-free). Wish me luck!

I'm also going to try the pancakes again and this time add a fruit or chocolate chips or something...hee hee. :P I'm just tickled with myself.

I'm actually asking for more pans and cookbooks for Christmas! :D

-Jules (the gluten free chef) :lol:

(Garth Brooks).