Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bpritt

Recommendations In Washington, Dc?

Help! I'm attending a conference in Washington next week and could use your recommendations for gluten-free, dairy-free dining. The conference is at the Grand Hyatt (10th and H) downtown, so I need to find restaurants near there or near a Metro stop since I won't have a car. Thanks!

DVT since 1991

lactose intolerant since 1993

celiac dx 2-05 by biopsy of small intestine

gluten-free since 3-05

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

hmmm...I can help you out some with gluten free, but not sure about dairy free.

since I don't know the full extent of your restrictions, I'll just post what I know for DC, which is mostly gluten free:

here is your best resource: from the DC area celiac group: http://0039f02.netsolhost.com/favorites/WA...restaurants.pdf

a local restaurant (seven locations in the dc metro area): http://www.austingrill.com/austingrillee/ they have a gluten free menu

Chains: Outback, PF Chang's, Legal Seafoods all have specific gluten free dining options

Chipotle lists which items are safe.

grocery stores include Whole Foods and Wegmans, as well as Giant (all have gluten free items, including WF's specialty gluten-free bakery items that are delicious)

Check out this link, from about a year ago: http://www.glutenfreeforum.com/index.php?showtopic=11797 it has some more ideas.

Thanks, happygirl! I'll check out these leads. I still haven't figured out how to travel without a car full of food from home, so this will be an adventure.

I can take a very small amout of dairy with a very large number of lactase pills, so I guess that makes me lactose intolerant, not casein intolerant. But I find it easier to avoid dairy and only take the pills for mistakes.

DVT since 1991

gluten-free since 3-05

Hmmm. Maybe I can give this test a try in a couple weeks. I was glutened by cross-contamination when dining out near home last week, so I'm trying to let things settle down. Thanks again!

DVT since 1991

gluten-free since 3-05

i just moved to bethesda, MD and i'm still pretty unfamiliar with where stuff is

but i do know there's a legal seafoods right off the Gallery Place/Chinatown metro stop (the red, green and yellow lines all stop there) and there's also an irish pub called 'fado's' that has strongbow cider on tap!

bethesda, off the red line, has an austin grill, ruth's chris, and morton's that are all within close walking distance of the metro

hope this helps!

gXf since november 1998