This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Low Fat Recipes?

nikki8

nikki8 Explorer

Does anyone know any websites or books for lower fat gluten free recipes? With regular recipes you can substitute ingredients to lower the fat, but I've heard it's not that easy with gluten free recipes-in particular, cakes, pies, cookies, etc. I have "Wheat free, gluten free, reduced calorie cookbook" by Connie Sarros. But I'm hoping for more options and "Gluten-Free Gourmet cooks fast and healthy" isn't really very low fat.

Any recommendations or even recipes to contribute?

Thanks,

Nikki

(just diagnosed 2 weeks ago)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Sweetfudge Community Regular

I don't know about desserts, but you can find some good recipes on epicurious and all recipes if you look up "Gluten Free". Also, I 've found some good recipes at food network, under their healthy recipes section. Sorry, not tons of help here, good luck!

nikki8 Explorer
I don't know about desserts, but you can find some good recipes on epicurious and all recipes if you look up "Gluten Free". Also, I 've found some good recipes at food network, under their healthy recipes section. Sorry, not tons of help here, good luck!

Is that just epicurious.com?

emcmaster Collaborator

After trying desperately for months to make good gluten-free and low-fat baked goods, I finally realized that it's practically impossible. The same recipes that I thought were just really bad recipes were actually wonderful when made with only slightly reduced or full fat ingredients. Gluten-free baked goods for some reason just need the fat. Not sure why.

That said, there is a recipe for chocolate silk pudding in my cooking blog. That's naturally fat-free. Enjoy!

lorka150 Collaborator

i use basic low and fat free variations in all of my baking and cooking. i've never had a problem with subbing.

Sweetfudge Community Regular

yes, epicurious.com. sorry about that :blink:

i like to use lowfat dairy products, like sour cream and cream cheese. i also like to flavor things with spices and salsa to substitute fatty flavors. like in a taco salad, i'll use a dab of sour cream and lots of salsa instead of ranch like i used to. :)

dionnek Enthusiast

I use eggbeaters in all my baking (even made some gluten-free Pantry French Bread with it and it worked!). I tried the applesauce in the brownies thing and that didn't work (too rubbery), so I basically am sticking with just the egg substitutes - at least that's a little lower fat :)

Oh, and I did try applesauce in the Pamela's Baking mix muffins and those worked - muffins and fruit breads might work better lowfat than brownies and cookies.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived