Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Corkdarrr

gluten-free Cf Pizza

So cheese is out. Again. And for real this time. I did it for six weeks, I can do it for...six lifetimes... I suppose.

Anyways, I still love my Kinnickinnick pizza crusts and they're easy to make at work. Plus there's still that emotional connection that I'm getting to eat something resembling a treat.

So. Please, anyone and everyone. What are your ideas for toppings that do not involve cheese and other dairy-type products?

I did do BBQ sauce, BBQ chicken and pineapple one time. It wasn't too bad.

Help me think outside the delicious cheese box!

Courtney

Courtney - 25

Columbia, SC

Gluten-free since July 8, 2006

Casein-free since October 16, 2006

Went six weeks, and fell back into a deliciously painful world of cheese.

Casein-free (again and for serious this time) December 11, 2006

Stupid cheese addiction....2/07

Dx Hypothyroid in 1993

Dx Gluten & Casein Sensitive through Enterolab 10/06

Dx Adrenal *Exhaustion* 2/07

Originally from WI, I am still in denial over my newfound casein intolerance. I fear I will not be allowed back into the state if I can no longer eat cheese and drink milk. This could pose some trouble over holidays when I wish to visit my family. It also poses a problem involving the severe rage I feel when I have to throw away somebody's unfinished cheese sticks. That is so wrong.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I think a ranch pizza would be good too.

I'm trying to remember...a friend of mine once made a gorgeous garden salad pizza...I think it was lettuce, tomatoes, olives, and sour cream mixed with a dill spice mixture...sub CF sour cream or yogurt...that would be good too.

I would make a pesto pizza! Easy to make or buy pesto!

Heck, you could just make it like garlic bread and eat it as a side w/ spaghetti or another meal. Mmm, I think it's lunch time!

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.

I am loving the garlic bread idea. Especially because I'm thinking about spaghetti for dinner tonite again...

What would you put on a ranch pizza?

My dad used to make an awesome one with carmelized onions and mushrooms and bleu cheese. {sob!} I miss bleu cheese.

Courtney - 25

Columbia, SC

Dx Hypothyroid in 1993

Originally from WI, I am still in denial over my newfound casein intolerance. I fear I will not be allowed back into the state if I can no longer eat cheese and drink milk. This could pose some trouble over holidays when I wish to visit my family. It also poses a problem involving the severe rage I feel when I have to throw away somebody's unfinished cheese sticks. That is so wrong.

pizza sauce - garlic (the kind already "minced" I think is what they call it, comes in a jar) - then SPICES galore (oregano, more garlic (garlic powder or garlic salt works nicely) OR there's a blend out there called garlic pepper that's good - parsley - cilantro - etc.

Then maybe slap on some meats (hamburger or turkey burger, cut up hot dogs or sausage meat or pepporoni or some of all of these) -

then there's always the veggies you can add as well (peppers, pineapple (oh wait, that's a fruit)...mushrooms, olives, etc.

THEN one it's cooked and all sliced up I like to dip my individual pieces in ranch! It's SOOO good!

Hope this helps!!!

Also, you could do some kind of desert pizza...apple, blueberry, etc.

Ya might have to look up some desert pizza recipes online and see what you can substitute out and so forth!

~Turtle~

Is Kraft ranch gluten AND casein free? That'd be super.

Courtney - 25

Columbia, SC

Dx Hypothyroid in 1993

Awww man, I didn't even think about that....

I have a bottle, hold one:

Shoot, has milk....AGH!

Tell ya what, let me get a hold of my mom to get an e-mail address of someone who may be able to help us/you with dairy ideas. I'll e-mail you later!

~Turtle~

Thanks Turtle - I appreciate it!

And I swear...one of these days we're BOTH going to a meeting! :P

Courtney - 25

Columbia, SC

Dx Hypothyroid in 1993

I am loving the garlic bread idea. Especially because I'm thinking about spaghetti for dinner tonite again...

What would you put on a ranch pizza?

My dad used to make an awesome one with carmelized onions and mushrooms and bleu cheese. {sob!} I miss bleu cheese.

I would put chicken on a ranch pizza...i bet you could find a recipe for a ranch-type dressing. mmm, mushrooms too, maybe some garlic.

you could also do a mexican pizza...make a really thin crust, and top w/ your fave mexican ingredients! yum!

Sweetfudge

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

For me, I would approach it like a focaccia or something. Probably I would drizzle *generous* high-quality olive oil, then sprinkle with rosemary and thyme, lightly toasted pine nuts, chopped oil-cured olives, maybe some mushrooms and fresh basil or mint leaves, and snipped sun-dried tomato. Mmmmmmm, yummy :D

Tomato paste with herbs and a vegan 'cheese' made with cashews and agar would be tasty...

http://www.vegfamily.com/vegan-recipes/app...shew-cheese.htm

http://www.uncaged.co.uk/cheese.htm

http://www.vegansociety.com/html/food/reci...egan_cheese.php

Enterolab:

Fecal Antigliadin IgA 20 (Normal Range <10 Units)

Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 9 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score 1223 Units (Normal Range <300 Units)

Fecal Anti-Soy IgA 18 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 8,7)

Gastritis dx 10/24

Eosinophilia of large bowel dx 10/29

To me, cheese on pizza is overrated. The best part is the sauce...but it has to be a good sauce, and lots of it to compensate for the cheese (if I can't taste the sauce for all the cheese, it's just not good pizza to me.) I'm partial to Boston Pizza...their sauce is zesty. :) So I say, forget the cheese...you can put anything you darn well want on pizza. Try it with any veggies and/or meat you can think of!

Michelle

I like breakfast pizza - eggs, sausage, bacon (and soy cheese)

or

Add sugar to the crust and make a PB & J pizza. Yummy!

Mmm, sounds good! You could also make an "apple pie" dessert pizza.

Michelle

Thanks for all the ideas! :D

I just bought some more pizza crusts so I have a few to experiment on. I'll let you know if I create anything outstanding.

Courtney

Courtney - 25

Columbia, SC

Dx Hypothyroid in 1993

Guest AutumnE

my husband loves coney pizzas. Coney sauce with meat, onions and mustard drizzled on top.

tomatoe sauce and veggies - all the regular stuff other than the cheese. if it's fresh and you use flavorful herbs, you're probably be fine.

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA

my husband loves coney pizzas. Coney sauce with meat, onions and mustard drizzled on top.

What's Coney sauce?

Courtney - 25

Columbia, SC

Dx Hypothyroid in 1993

how about using either follow your heart cheese (my fav :P ) or tofutti (not big on the whole hydrogenated oil thing :( ) but both are gluten-free CF. Follow your heart is a block... easy to shred. tofutti are slices.

this is my absolute FAVORITE pizza EVER EVER EVER!!!!!

gluten-free PIZZA CRUST (i use the namaste pizza mix but you can use whatever you like best)

1 CAN COCONUT MILK

2 CUPS COOKED RICE

SUGAR (to taste)

1 PKG FIRM TOFU

1 HEAD FRESH BROCCOLI

1 JAR PEANUT SAUCE ( A TASTE OF THAI and THAI KITCHEN are both gluten-free and CF)

1 SMALL ONION

start by cubing tofu and slicing onion

fry the tofu until desired crispiness

throw in the onions at the end

make rice while tofu is frying.. when rice is done add coconut milk and sugar until desired sweetness.

steam broccoli

first put the coconut rice on the crust, then add the tofu broccoli and onion

drizzle with the peanut sauce and cook for about 15 minutes!!

WA~LA!!!

IT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOO AMAZING!!!

coleen

diagnosed 1/2005

gluten free since 1/2005

XVEGANX

Guest AutumnE

This is a recipe search engine, dh likes the a&w coney recipe. I dont eat it though with all of my food intolerances. There is a variety of ways to make them. Its a common pizza sold in our michigan area. It tastes like a coney hot dog. Im not sure if you have coney dog's in south carolina, they are really popular up here and commonly sold with french fries and gravy, not health foods lol

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geushdIoJFvCQA...q=coney%2bsauce

gluten-free PIZZA CRUST (i use the namaste pizza mix but you can use whatever you like best)

1 CAN COCONUT MILK

2 CUPS COOKED RICE

SUGAR (to taste)

1 PKG FIRM TOFU

1 HEAD FRESH BROCCOLI

1 JAR PEANUT SAUCE ( A TASTE OF THAI and THAI KITCHEN are both gluten-free and CF)

1 SMALL ONION

make rice while tofu is frying.. when rice is done add coconut milk and sugar until desired sweetness.

steam broccoli

WA~LA!!!

That sounds awesome with or without the pizza crust underneath!!

Courtney - 25

Columbia, SC

Dx Hypothyroid in 1993

For me, I would approach it like a focaccia or something. Probably I would drizzle *generous* high-quality olive oil, then sprinkle with rosemary and thyme, lightly toasted pine nuts, chopped oil-cured olives, maybe some mushrooms and fresh basil or mint leaves, and snipped sun-dried tomato. Mmmmmmm, yummy :D

This sounds amazing! I might just make some tonight!

1 CAN COCONUT MILK

2 CUPS COOKED RICE

SUGAR (to taste)

1 PKG FIRM TOFU

1 HEAD FRESH BROCCOLI

1 SMALL ONION

steam broccoli

WA~LA!!!

I was thinking it would be good w/out the crust too! I don't know if I could handle the concept of rice on pizza...lol :)

Although, if you are into funky pizzas, there's a place in Portland, called Pizza Schmizza, which I used to eat at all the time growing up...anyway, they make fun pizzas. I found their menu online, and decided to list my favorite pizzas, which I'm sure could all be made gluten-free and CF!

www.schmizza.com

OL

Sweetfudge

Guest AutumnE
This sounds amazing! I might just make some tonight!

I was thinking it would be good w/out the crust too! I don't know if I could handle the concept of rice on pizza...lol :)

Although, if you are into funky pizzas, there's a place in Portland, called Pizza Schmizza, which I used to eat at all the time growing up...anyway, they make fun pizzas. I found their menu online, and decided to list my favorite pizzas, which I'm sure could all be made gluten-free and CF!

www.schmizza.com

OL