Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

debmidge

Happy Chanukah

Happy Chanukah to all those who celebrate this week coming up!

Hope it's a special one!

Husband has Celiac Disease and

Husband misdiagnosed for 27 yrs -

The misdiagnosis was: IBS or colitis

Mis-diagnosed from 1977 to 2003 by various gastros including one of the largest,

most prestigious medical groups in northern NJ which constantly advertises themselves as

being the "best." This GI told him it was "all in his head."

Serious Depressive state ensued

Finally Diagnosed with celiac disease in 2003

Other food sensitivities: almost all fruits, vegetables, spices, eggs, nuts, yeast, fried foods, roughage, soy.

Needs to gain back at least 25 lbs. of the 40 lbs pounds he lost - lost a great amout of body fat and muscle

Developed neuropathy in 2005

Now has lymphadema 2006It is my opinion that his subsequent disorders could have been avoided had he been diagnosed sooner by any of the dozen or so doctors he saw between 1977 to 2003

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I have a question for all our Jewish friends. I have always wonder what is the correct spelling of Chanukah or Hanukkah, as I have seen it both ways.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

thanks for the happy hannukah wishes and happy hannukah to those who also celebrate it. we just lit our candles for the first time as a married couple!

here is a brief explanat about the spelling:

In Hebrew, the word Hanukkah is written חנכה or חנוכה. It is most commonly transliterated to English as Chanukkah or Hanukkah, the latter because the sound represented by "CH" (as in "loch") does not exist in the English language

Diagnosed in March 2006 after being in the hospital due to pancreatitis due to undiagnosed celiac

years of being told i had IBS, taking numerous IBS medications (since the age of fifteen)

Thanks Jess--I had wondered about that, too. :)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

thank you Jess, I always wondered about that. I now have a new wrinkle in my brain (learned something new).

Lisa

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Guest cassidy
I have a question for all our Jewish friends. I have always wonder what is the correct spelling of Chanukah or Hanukkah, as I have seen it both ways.

I have always wondered about that as well. Is there a "preferred" spelling, or are they interchangable?