Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

helphubby

Does Hubby Really Have Caliacs

Hi, I have a 40 year old Hubby who has been suffering from depression and foged head, potty problems and just feeling like crap all the time. We have been to doctors and they have done blood test and they all come out NO Celiac. He is on an Anti deprestant which in my opoion has done nothing. Any other suggestions on what we can do....Celiacs is in his family meaning that his twin sister 2 daughters have celiac....I am wondering does he have it or is he just depressed...his sister swears that he has this and I wonder too. ANy help would be great thank you What I am looking for is feedback that people were depressed and has had the blood work come back neg but you infact have Celiac. thank you :(

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Yes, I do agree. Try the diet. It is a more health alternative than others. Although, it needs to be 100%.

Give it a try for three months and see what happened. What can you loose.

A member here, "Nini" has "Newbie Beginners Survival Kit" that you may feel useful. Find her name,under members list and click under her name.

It is a wealth of information.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Definitely go ahead and try the diet. The worst thing that will happen is he won't improve. If you really need clinical proof, you could consider doing testing through www.enterolab.com. It's not generally covered under most insurance companies, but it's pretty well respected in the celiac community as being a valid diagnostic tool.

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

Definitely go ahead and try the diet. The worst thing that will happen is he won't improve. If you really need clinical proof, you could consider doing testing through www.enterolab.com. It's not generally covered under most insurance companies, but it's pretty well respected in the celiac community as being a valid diagnostic tool.

THANK YOU SO MUCH I AM REALLY GLAD THAT I FOUND YOU GUYS!!

I will also encourage him to try the diet. I was tested because of my daughter's positive Enterolab test. I thought I had no symptoms but my depression, irritability, fatigue, and foggy head all went away within days of going gluten free. I am off from my antidepressant now and feel better than I ever did.

I never had the blood test so I'm not sure how that would have come out. My daughter had several blood tests for celiac which were all negative.

My other daughter is also gluten-free now and her depression and irritability are improved. She is 11 and I'm not sure she is as gluten-free as she should be. We have been able to decrease her a/d to 1/2 the dose so far.

I do think it is important to be very strict about being gluten-free. When I tried the diet a few years ago, I didn't notice any improvement but I didn't worry about the details such as trace amounts and cc at the time. This time, I was very strict from the start and I could tell by the second day that I would feel better.

Karen

gluten free 4/06

casein free 7/06

DQ1, DQ8

Daughter (11) gluten free 5/06, casein free 6/06

Daughter (9) gluten free 3/06, casein free 7/06, soy free, trying peanut free

vegetarian

gluten lite on and off since 1999

All dx'ed by Enterolab

Definitely have him try the diet!

I've been sick, tired, in pain and depressed for as long as I can remember. Worse int he last 10-12 years.

I went gluten-free on January 1st and cannot believe the changes in just a few days.

My blood tests were "inconclusive" and I just didn't want to outlay the cash for the upper GI tests to confirm. We decided to try diet to see what would happen.

We feel we have our answer and I cannot wiat to see how I feel in 3 months, 6 months, a year. I may be a completely different person!

Hi Guys just a little update I had a long long (you those hubbies) talk with hubby and he is going to try the diet we are going to the store this weekend and get him all kinds of good things for him to eat, he said he will try it for a while. Lets hope all goes well..... Thank you again I will let you know.

thank again Debbie

Good for you! I hope the diet helps him (and I suspect it will since it's in his family). I also get very depressed and brain fogged from gluten and was pleasantly surprised when those symptoms went away after going gluten-free.

Gluten-Free since September 15, 2005.

Peanut-Free since July 2006.

I will also encourage him to try the diet. I was tested because of my daughter's positive Enterolab test. I thought I had no symptoms but my depression, irritability, fatigue, and foggy head all went away within days of going gluten free. I am off from my antidepressant now and feel better than I ever did.

I never had the blood test so I'm not sure how that would have come out. My daughter had several blood tests for celiac which were all negative.

My other daughter is also gluten-free now and her depression and irritability are improved. She is 11 and I'm not sure she is as gluten-free as she should be. We have been able to decrease her a/d to 1/2 the dose so far.

I do think it is important to be very strict about being gluten-free. When I tried the diet a few years ago, I didn't notice any improvement but I didn't worry about the details such as trace amounts and cc at the time. This time, I was very strict from the start and I could tell by the second day that I would feel better.

Bri's Mom

Bri's Mom