Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jkmunchkin

Bell & Evans Chicken Alfredo

Has anyone tried the Bell & Evans chicken alfredo?

http://www.bellandevans.com/product_details.cfm?prd_id=54#

I was in Whole Foods today and picked it up. Considering how great their gluten-free chicken nuggets are I have high hopes, but was just wondering if anyone has tried them yet.

It says to make over your favorite pasta, and although I'm sure it's great with Tinkyada, I might try it over rice.

Jillian

Positive Blood test and Biopsy

Inflamed stomach lining

Gluten free since July 6, 2005

Tarrytown, NY

"Sometimes being a b$tch is all a woman has to hold onto." - Dolores Claiborne

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Guest cassidy

Does it have a lot of fat in it? I got some of their chicken tenders at Whole foods and I love them, but WF is 1 1/2 hours away so I don't go often. My local store started carrying their non-gluten-free chicken tenders so I asked if they would carry the gluten-free ones and I'm waiting to see. The chicken alfredo sounded good but that usually has a ton of fat in it, which I try to stay away from.

It would be nice to have another convenience food for when I don't feel like cooking.

Does it have a lot of fat in it? I got some of their chicken tenders at Whole foods and I love them, but WF is 1 1/2 hours away so I don't go often. My local store started carrying their non-gluten-free chicken tenders so I asked if they would carry the gluten-free ones and I'm waiting to see. The chicken alfredo sounded good but that usually has a ton of fat in it, which I try to stay away from.

It would be nice to have another convenience food for when I don't feel like cooking.

The bag says it has 4 servings and there are 14 grams of fat (total), 8 grams of saturated fat and no trans fat.

Hope that helps.

Jillian

Positive Blood test and Biopsy

Inflamed stomach lining

Gluten free since July 6, 2005

Tarrytown, NY

"Sometimes being a b$tch is all a woman has to hold onto." - Dolores Claiborne

My gluten-free store started carrying the chicken nuggets/tenders around Thanksgiving time. I bought a box and fell in love. I actually buy them by the case now, 12 boxes in a case, and a 10% discount for ordering in bulk. In my eyes, worth the $$$. I don't buy a lot of specialty products. I keep them unused ones in a spare freezer. I bought the case in early December and I have 5 boxes left. They make a nice meal when I don't feel like cooking.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Guest cassidy
The bag says it has 4 servings and there are 14 grams of fat (total), 8 grams of saturated fat and no trans fat.

Hope that helps.

Thanks! If they agreed to carry the gluten-free tenders I'm going to ask if they are willing to get this!

Never tried it, but thought I'd put in a good word for chicken alfredo....

The other night I made the best I've had since going gluten-free!!! I used Classico white sauce (found it at walmart), and poured it over tinkyada pasta (the "thai noodles" are my fave), w/ chicken, some parmesan cheese, and pine nuts. Next time I'm gonna try it w/ some warm spinach and tomatoes (like the kind Macaroni Grill makes). Mmm, it was heavenly!

Just a note: I love tinkyada pasta! I make a whole bag at a time, and I'll freeze it (if I don't use it all!). DH even likes it :) and he's a big GLUTEN eater. I used my latest batch in the alfredo, a big pot of chicken soup, some spaghetti, and another dish of alfredo to finish it off! It rocks!

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.