Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trev

Hi From A Newbie

Hi all :rolleyes:

I'm new here. Diagnosed at the end of last month and just about getting to grips with a new diet! I've found it a bit dauntin, I have to say but I've a lifetime to get used to it I suppose. No doubt, I'll be looking in here pretty regularly.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hello Trev; Welcome to the forum!

You can generally get most questions answered here as we have a wonderful and wide variety of people here.

It's just like a big city of gluten free friends :D

Shirley

[save the Earth, It's the only planet with chocolate and wine.

It isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...

It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Gluten free since 1989

West Kootenay.... British Columbia

Welcome!

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

Hi Trev,

Welcome to the board! I am happy you have found it...it is the best resource out there for education, food/ingredients, support, recipes, and dealing with Celiac.

Although it really is daunting to start with, the good thing is there are a ton of people on this board! And we all started where you are. The other good news, is that while it is tough to get the hang of it, once you "get" it, then its just maintenance. Celiac is a steep learning curve, but after that, you know enough to make good decisions.

Let us know what we can do to help, and hope to see you around more often!

Laura

Guest aparde

Hi! Welcome to the boards... I am new here too! My daughter was diagnosed about 4 years ago and my dad also has celiac. You have come to the right place!

Welcome to the forum. Just remember that we never consider any question a dumb question. We have been there, so don't be afraid to ask.

"Throw yourself a pity-party and you'll be the only guest." - Earlene Fowler

Diag. Celiac Disease by positive blood test 2/03/2004

Allergies - corn, soy, casein, egg whites and wheat

Morphia Scleroderma

Osteoarthritis

Hypothyroid and Hperthyroid

Essential Tremors

Asthma

Migraines

Fibromyalgia - diag. in 1978 when they called it Fibrositis

PAD Peripheral Artery Disease

Angina and Atrial Fibrillation

Gluten Ataxia

Vitiligo

Scoliosis of the spine (caused by malabsorption and it is horribly painful) This would be enough reason for someone to go gluten free.

Ocular Myastenia Gravis

Welcome! Lots of good information here.

"The only thing constant in life is change"

Celiac not confirmed, but positive results with diet change

Gluten free since 10/06

Welcome! I hope you find the forum helpful!

Liz

Started Specific Carbohydrate Diet on 8-16-09 because son was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and want to give him moral support.

Diagnosed with Minimal Change Nephrotic Syndrome in 2003. Discovered that going completely gluten-free put me in remission.

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Psalms 27:13

Hi Trev,

Welcome, welcome! If I have a problem with my condition, I'll often come here before I go to my Dr. (I know, it's not what the AMA would advise!) but I've learned much of what I needed to know by hearing other people's stories here. Lots of great support! :D

See you around the board!

Josh.

Diagnosed celiac 2003.

Dairy-free since 2007.

Still struggling day by day to stay gluten-free.

Hi again. Thanks for all your messages of support - I'll be looking in here very frequently.

I should say that I'm in the UK (where we spell it with an o - coeliac: don't ask me why :huh: ) We have a national charity - Coeliac UK but I'm not aware of a board like this one. So, I hope you don't mind me dropping in!! Not sure abouts in the US but here, I at least get help with the costs involved. By buying an annual prescription for

Hi and welcome! I am new here too - just diagnosed in mid-Jan. I found out the other day that we get a tax deduction for gluten-free food as a medical expense. Yea!

Tritty (my childhood nickname....)

Age 31, Mommy of 3

Blood test positive for celiac 1/16/07

gluten-free since 1/16/07

Endoscopy 2/13/07 - small hiatal hernia, scalloped mucosa in 1st and 2nd part of duodenum, some erosion of the esophogus.

Two oldest kids - fine so far :)

My 17 mo old has eosinophilic esophogitis. Only showing milk allergy? So completely off dairy for time being to see if that is trigger...