Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AmandaD

Dove Opinons

Hi guys -

I just purchased Dove moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. I like it. Do any of you other celiacs use any of the other Dove products succesfully - like the Pro-Age stuff, face cleaners, soaps, etc.?

I'd like your opinions.

Thanks again - A

Amanda

Positive TTG 9/05

Positive endoscopy 9/05

Doing well with "Sprue"

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I use Dove for almost all my products: facial lotion, body lotion, body wash, hairspray, frizz controller, and often their shampoos/conditioners. I like it a lot. They have a couple of face lotions with oats (I believe they are the sensitive skin varieties of products), but that's the only source of gluten I've seen in any of their products, and I use almost all their stuff, so I feel safe with their products. Plus, I have very dry skin/hair, and their products are very moisturizing--yea Dove!

*Julie*

Gluten free since December 2004

Soy free since June 2005

Dairy free since July 2006

I'm glad to hear this. I'm switching my products to Dove just because of their real women campaign.

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"

- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

I use Dove - they are a Unilever company and will always label the sources of all of their ingredients. I've only ever seen one with oats.

Gluten-free, Vegan

I have used their bath soaps and am fine. I can't use their shampoos and conditioners, they just are not strong enough for my hair, very few are. I find that Pantene, Aussie, and Fruitis are the only ones able to tame this tiger, with Pantene being my favorite.

Deb

Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

Deb, I understand with what you're saying as I have hair that also needs a shampoo that is not as gentle as Dove; we need shampoo with "detergent" in it (that's what my beautician says and also says it strips my hair too much, but she doesn't understand that the "gentler" shampoos don't cleanse it as well).

Husband has Celiac Disease and

Husband misdiagnosed for 27 yrs -

The misdiagnosis was: IBS or colitis

Mis-diagnosed from 1977 to 2003 by various gastros including one of the largest,

most prestigious medical groups in northern NJ which constantly advertises themselves as

being the "best." This GI told him it was "all in his head."

Serious Depressive state ensued

Finally Diagnosed with celiac disease in 2003

Other food sensitivities: almost all fruits, vegetables, spices, eggs, nuts, yeast, fried foods, roughage, soy.

Needs to gain back at least 25 lbs. of the 40 lbs pounds he lost - lost a great amout of body fat and muscle

Developed neuropathy in 2005

Now has lymphadema 2006It is my opinion that his subsequent disorders could have been avoided had he been diagnosed sooner by any of the dozen or so doctors he saw between 1977 to 2003

I use Dove bar soap in the shower, and their Anti frizz creme. I got a free sample of their shampoo and conditioner for dark hair from their website, and liked it.

I'm currently using Thermasilk, and like it also.

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev