Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kbabe1968

Gluten Free Bread

WOW!

I went to our local health food store today. The guy was really great, and really helpful. He gave me a FREE loaf of Kinickkinnick (am I spelling that right?) Whole Grain Bread. it was REALLY dark brown and looked yummy. It was!!! Wow. It's $7 at the store, so it was a great free gift! WOW.

Anyway....I bought xanthum gum too but it was REALLY expensive there....so i won't be getting it there again, BUT it balanced out b/c of the free bread.

Did I mention that the bread was really good? I had a real live grilled cheese sandwich today and it TASTED like a grilled cheese sandwich.

:)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Glad you got a free loaf. Seven dollars is $2 more than I pay at our local Wild Oats, so it seems that their bread is expensive, too!

BTW, I also like Kinnikinnick's donuts!

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

I found a new bread for me. It's called energy, but it may be spelled differently. Light Tapioca. It is really soft and tastes wonderful. It's not in the freezer section, it's just on a shelf. The bad part, it has a short shelf life once opened; only a week, but it was only 3.80.

I disagree and i think that ener-g bread is disgusting. ew. Kinnikinnick bread is the best stuff out there by far. I have recently tried their donuts and they taste like real donuts! And i now order their mixes in bulk from the kinnikinnick website.

I wish I could find the Kinnickinnick (sp?) bread near me. I agree with Adam, I really don't like the Ener-G bread - it smells like alcohol or something in the bag, and then there is an even worse smell when toasting - BUT, my sister loves it, so to each their own.

I really enjoy the Food For Life gluten-free Rice Bread, but like many gluten-free breads - only toasted (The only kind of bread that I like without toasting is homemade!).

I like this Food For Life Bread when they don't sell it frozen. At my local Whole Foods they sell it frozen, but down the street at Trader Joe's they sell it on the shelf - it's cheaper, and for some reason, when not frozen, has a better texture. So at TJ's this bread is only about $3.80.

I've had the Kinnick bagles & donuts & they're both excellent.

Positive Bloodwork & Positive Endoscopy, Gluten Free since 8/29/06