Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I researched the MK Gluten issue, and the letter I got from them suggested I avoid MOST of their products because they couldn't be sure about the source of the ingredient. So, I narrowed it down to 5 products that I wouldn't use based on gluten. But, for you to have all of the information, here is the list they sent me. (I put the ingredient that they felt might have gluten in parenthesis).

Mary Kay

EnteroLab test positive for gluten intolerence and 2 gluten intolerence and celiac genes

DQ2 and DQ3 sub type DQ7 in December 2005

Gluten-free since Enterolab test, December 2, 2005.

Lame Advertisement Test positive for gluten intolerence in Sept 2005.

THEN found out that my fathers mother had nontropical sprue, she passed away at 40 from (stomach) cancer, had holes in her intestines when they caught it. I had no idea....

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Thanks! I've been wondering. I don't have a high sensitivity, so'll finish what I have, but change over as I run out.

Stomach problems began November of 2005

Gall bladder removed April 2006

Positive Blood test October 2006

Refused endoscope

Gluten-free since January 21, 2007

Positive reaction to diet

The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; Blessed be the name of the Lord. Job 1:21b

It's disturbing that Mary Kay would think things that some of those items contain gluten ... like maltodextrin, vegetable oil, citric acid, etc. Seems easier to just use another brand!

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

It's disturbing that Mary Kay would think things that some of those items contain gluten ... like maltodextrin, vegetable oil, citric acid, etc. Seems easier to just use another brand!

Yeah, I do now. Not because of gluten, but because I have become disgusted with MLM and Direct Selling companies like MK and A.rbonne. See how the above poster has listed the A.rbonne list in THREE MK topics instead of starting an Lame Advertisement thread? It is ruthless. Whatever. I am buying from the stores these days! :)

(NOTE:A.rbonne post was removed, I am not crazy! LOL)

EnteroLab test positive for gluten intolerence and 2 gluten intolerence and celiac genes

DQ2 and DQ3 sub type DQ7 in December 2005

Gluten-free since Enterolab test, December 2, 2005.

Lame Advertisement Test positive for gluten intolerence in Sept 2005.

THEN found out that my fathers mother had nontropical sprue, she passed away at 40 from (stomach) cancer, had holes in her intestines when they caught it. I had no idea....

Yeah, I do now. Not because of gluten, but because I have become disgusted with MLM and Direct Selling companies like MK and Lame Advertisement. See how the above poster has listed the Lame Advertisement list in THREE MK topics instead of starting an Lame Advertisement thread? It is ruthless. Whatever. I am buying from the stores these days! :)

Yes, she's posting EVERYWHERE! Last I looked, I didn't see any moderators on the board, but two are here now, so maybe they'll take care of it.

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

Do you know if the SPF 30 sunscreen is gluten-free? And the timewise moisterizer and time wise 3 n 1 cleanser is also gluten-free? My MK rep doesn't seem to know and I can't seem to get through to the company on the phone.

thanks.

Janel

I researched the MK Gluten issue, and the letter I got from them suggested I avoid MOST of their products because they couldn't be sure about the source of the ingredient. So, I narrowed it down to 5 products that I wouldn't use based on gluten. But, for you to have all of the information, here is the list they sent me. (I put the ingredient that they felt might have gluten in parenthesis).

Mary Kay

Janel (me): gluten-free since 4/10/07; casien free 5/1/07;soy light 10/07

**LOST 35 lbs since April 2007(much needed weight loss)**

ds(6 yrs)- gluten-free since 3/19/07; casein free 5/2/07;soy free 10/07

HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 7,7)

new dx= Hirschsprungs Disease w/cecostomy

the non believers, only allergen free eatting at home because they have to be:

Hubby: refuses to eat Gluten-free Casein-free except for dinner

dd(14 yrs)- refuses to go along with any special dietary retrictions *I suspect dairy/wheat intollerant*

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    SDBella
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Who's Online (See full list)