Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

loco_ladi

Nebraska Checking In

Well, I checked nd didn't see anyone yet posting for Nebraska so here I am little ole me anyone else?

Just my .00000002 cents worth

If I knew what I was doing years ago I would have half a clue today!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Where in Nebraska do you live? I lived and worked in Lincoln for many, many years and have retired back to my home state Missouri. I have been gluten free since January of this year, still struggling but getting there. I am trying to learn how to use the message boards and respond. Will see if this works. I need more help learning how to use this than anything else. I HAVE learned from just reading the postings. My name is Bunnie as in Rabbit!

Guest aparde
Well, I checked nd didn't see anyone yet posting for Nebraska so here I am little ole me anyone else?

Hi! I am from Nebraska too! :) My daughter has celiac and has been diagnosed for 3 years now. My dad is also celiac.

Welcome to the boards!

I am way out west, darn near into wyoming in fact.....

I moved here about 2000 and LOVE IT! its so totally great you can see for miles and miles and since I was raised in Maine, land of mountains and trees its a big change for me!

Nice to meet you all!

I've been diagnosed silent celiac just over 3 years. That means I have benefitted from the gluten-free diet, but am not bothered by "falling off" occasionally. Just an honor system. I was anemic and losing/not gaining weight regardless of what or how much I ate. The doctor in Lincoln diagnosing me said I could decide whether to go gluten-free or not. I called the Mayo Clinic and talked to one of their gastroenterologists for a second opinion. He said by all means I needed to be on the gluten-free diet as I would not be absorbing crucial vitamins I needed. He suggested I have a bone density scan done for osteoporosis. That proved valuable as I have been on Actonel and 1800 mg of supplemental calcium daily for 2 years. I tell people that I have gained 25 pounds since going on my "diet"! I live in Grand Island and know of a local support group in Kearney that meets 1-2 times a year. ;)

Let me know when the support group next meets, if I can afford the gas prices at the time maybe I will just pop in!

Anyone still here? This is all new for me (for my son) and local help is always good.

Jennifer, gluten free on and off since 2005, best I can remember sx started 2007, tTG of 4 1/13,

gallbladder out 2/13, scope 5/13 showing inconclusive damage to stomach and intestines,

tTG of 5 6/13, dx with non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity or maybe pre-Celiac, gluten free since 6/13,

appointment soon for second opinion

Anyone still here? This is all new for me (for my son) and local help is always good.

Hi! I live outside of Lincoln a little ways. I'm in Lincoln all the time though. Where are you from?

Ann

hypothyroid

hypoglycemic (diagnosed 1997 but symptomatic since grade school)

fibromyalgia

rheumatoid arthritis (diagnosed January 2005)

peanut allergy

restarting gluten-free January 20, 2013

elevated liver enzymes + symptoms indicated celiac January 31, 2013. Dr. didn't want to run further tests due to other health complications

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Janelle Morman
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Who's Online (See full list)