Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Eagle

Candida?

Guest Eagle

My blood sugar has been a bit whacked out lately and now I have both a bit of athlete's foot and a white coating on my tongue. I have heard of Capricin. Does anyone know anything about this or how to treat it? I hate going to the doctor, especially since I can't find one that takes Celiac Disease seriously.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I once had the yeastie beasties (candida). I got rid of it by avoiding all yeasts and sugars, and taking caprylic acid capsules. Also avoided other things which promote yeast growth, like vinegar. I felt like I had a new body within weeks.

Note: The term "yeasts" here is being used to refer to not just bread yeast and other forms such as extracts, but fungi such as mushrooms, and mold such as in blue cheese.

A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.

I hope you really want to get rid of candida the natural way. I read an interesting article today. See here: http://www.candidasupport.org/candida.html Using pharmacuticle anti-candida meds eases the symptoms but doesn't get rid of the problem.

I'd do a strict anti-candida diet for at least 3 weeks if I were you. First starve the candida off its food source and after the diet introduce things like probiotics, flaxseed oil, cold pressed coconut oil, some Pau darco, garlic, and some dandelion root to help the liver. It works for me.

I've just started with day one on the anti-candida diet... again. I did get rid of it months ago but we had a very stressful time the last month due to circumstances out of our control and because of a prolonged weakened immune system... I've got overgrowth again. :( But I am not stressed about it. I still remember the good results I had from doing the above. Best to you.

Gluten intolerant - self diagnosed 2007 (not willing to do gluten challenge) and anemic

no dairy, soy, legumes, eggs, sugar, chocolate

no baked and processed foods (also gluten-free bakery) and high GI (due to hypoglycemia)

enjoy brown rice, buckwheat, quinoa and polenta instead

neurological symptoms flare up when glutened and in times of stress

following paleo diet, lots of raw fruit and veg, omega 3 oils, nuts

I feel heathy and able to function for the first time in my life. Thank God.

Organic food gives a great advantage.

Kefir rules!

On a mission to get rid of Candida overgrowth after a stressful event dropped my immune system. On a strict anti-candida diet using herbs and natural remedies. No meds or drugs to make it worse thanks.

http://www.gilbertssyndrome.com/candida.php

http://www.candidasupport.org/candida.html

I'm on a lot of antibiotics for my Lyme Disease, and will be long term. My Lyme doc is a holistic doc, but believes antibiotics work for Lyme, so uses them, but he uses a LOT of natural stuff as well to counteract the negative effects of the antibiotics, including candida.

He has me on Nystatin, which is a prescription, but is benign as far as negative effects.

I also take Ultra Flora, Therelac, and VSL#3, all probiotics.

I use lots of natural coconut oil, for everything. It's a natural anti-fungal.

I avoid all sugar, including fruit (especially fruit juice and dried fruit), and all yeast. I also eat a minimal amount of simple carbs -- white rice, white "bread", white potato, junk food, etc.

So far, so good. I've not had a candida problem, and I have in the past even when I wasn't on antibiotics.

Some people feel really bad on the anti-candida diet. If you do, maybe you need to slow down the yeast die off. It's best to just eat a piece of fruit rather than suffer so much you totally quit. :)

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06