Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

confused

Need Feedback

I would love to start an support group on my area. But i have no idea were to start. The closest celiac support group is over 3 hours, and that is just too far. I really dont even know if there is a need for one in my area, but i would love to talk with others face to face. I do know my sons pre-k teacher is celiac. Im guessing it would be good to start with her, she might know more people in our area.

But what would be the best place to look for others in our area, put an thing in the paper? Or just word of mouth?

And does anyone know what all i would have to do to get started, like would i have to talk to the main celiac support groups first. I would also like to have an run here to raise money for celiac this summer. But im not sure how to go about that either.

So any help would be appreciated.

Im in southern colorado in case that helps lol

paula

gluten, casein and soy free

on low carb/low sugar diet

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Paula:

Contact the Celiac Sprue Association and they will tell you how to get set up.

celiacs@csaceliacs.org or 1-877-CSA-4-CSA

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Besides the fine suggestion which Momma Goose has given, what comes to mind for me is to put up an announcement in the local health food store(s). Surely that would be the kind of place a Celiac is more likely to be found. Whether they have a bulletin board or not, perhaps they'll allow a "poster" of sorts on the front face of the checkout counter/cash register. Such a thing is easy to print up these days.

A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.

GIG or CDF are recognized for having accurate info and good support groups. I think that CSA is not as strong in terms of reliable information. If I were starting one, I would do a GIG one.