Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

par18

Seems Like Yesterday

Today is exactly 2 years since I was offically diagnosed with Celiac Disease. In some respects it seems like yesterday that I started the gluten free diet. In the beginning I thought I was going to spend the rest of my life reading labels. As it turns out I only have to read every now and then since most of my diet consists of naturally gluten free food. One thing I have noticed in the past 2 years is the increased awareness of Celiac Disease/Gluten Intolerance. One of the most obvious examples is the number of members on this board. It has almost tripled since I joined in the Fall of 2005. It is hard for me to imagine how alone most of the people must have felt 10-20 years ago before the internet. For all of you who are just coming aboard let me say welcome and coping is getting easier. As hard as it may seem in the beginning there is light at the end of the tunnel. Best of luck to you all.

Tom

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Congratulations Tom as you mark your second year! :) You joined right after I did, and I agree with you about how much Celiac awareness has progressed between then and now, and how much the membership of the board has grown.

Wow--I can't believe it's been 2 years! I was diagnosed on June 2nd.

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Congratulations Tom on your two year anniversary! My two years are coming up in August.

It's nice that you pop in here from time to time to help those that came after you. Celebrate tonight with some of your Redbridge and best to Meg. ;)

Maybe we can work out a dinner at the Banks this summer.

Lisa

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Hey Patti - I have seniority :P I think that it's cool that the "old" crowd is still around.

Lisa

Happy gluten-free Anniversary to you!!! Congrats on 2 years!! I wish you many more healthy ones!

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Today is exactly 2 years since I was offically diagnosed with Celiac Disease. In some respects it seems like yesterday that I started the gluten free diet. In the beginning I thought I was going to spend the rest of my life reading labels. As it turns out I only have to read every now and then since most of my diet consists of naturally gluten free food. One thing I have noticed in the past 2 years is the increased awareness of Celiac Disease/Gluten Intolerance. One of the most obvious examples is the number of members on this board. It has almost tripled since I joined in the Fall of 2005. It is hard for me to imagine how alone most of the people must have felt 10-20 years ago before the internet. For all of you who are just coming aboard let me say welcome and coping is getting easier. As hard as it may seem in the beginning there is light at the end of the tunnel. Best of luck to you all.

Tom

Jessica

Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!

Kansas

Congratulation to you Tom.

I am honor to be able to walk my first steps among so many wonderful, and experience people.

I am in my 5 and 1/2 weeks of been gluten-free, and definily I feel better.

Celebrate your 2 years anniversary, and I hope to hear your stories and experices.

Lots of health to you and your family.

Take care and have fun.

Have not I commanded you? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with you every where you go.

Jos 1:9

I can do all things thru Christ which strengtheneth me.

Phi 4:13

Blood Test: Negative 03/2006

Biopsy Negative 04/2006

Stopped gluten-free diet 04/2006

EnteroLabs: Positive 04/2007

Fecal Antigliadin IgA "Positive"

Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA "Positive"

Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score "Positive"

Fecal anti-casein (cow

Many congrats to you, Tom! :) Thanks for sharing your story, and I'm sure it will give others the lift they need. Happy that you are still around, too.

(I joined right around the same time as yall....I was just slower to find this site....dx'ed in 2004!)

Hey Patti - I have seniority :P I think that it's cool that the "old" crowd is still around.

Who you callin' old, Lisa?? :lol::lol:;)

Patti

Happy Anniversery!!!

2 years is a long way to come when you look at then and now.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Who you callin' old, Lisa?? :lol::lol:;)

Did I say "old" :blink: . I meant to say "wise" ones. :rolleyes:

Lisa

Did I say "old" :blink: . I meant to say "wise" ones. :rolleyes:

:lol::lol::lol:

Patti

Congratulations on your two year anniversay. I found this site a year and a half after my diagnosis. I also can not believe how many new members we have since then. But, I also love all the new awareness that is getting out there.

"Throw yourself a pity-party and you'll be the only guest." - Earlene Fowler

Diag. Celiac Disease by positive blood test 2/03/2004

Allergies - corn, soy, casein, egg whites and wheat

Morphia Scleroderma

Osteoarthritis

Hypothyroid and Hperthyroid

Essential Tremors

Asthma

Migraines

Fibromyalgia - diag. in 1978 when they called it Fibrositis

PAD Peripheral Artery Disease

Angina and Atrial Fibrillation

Gluten Ataxia

Vitiligo

Scoliosis of the spine (caused by malabsorption and it is horribly painful) This would be enough reason for someone to go gluten free.

Ocular Myastenia Gravis