This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Leaky Faucet

scotty

scotty Explorer
It doesn't sound a whole lot like IC when you describe it like that. Do you have bladder discomfort? Just so you know if you have bowel discomfort it can make the bladder worse, or sometimes bladder discomfort feels like bowel. YOur bladder is lower down right above the pubic region. My pain is usually from the middle towards the left side. Do you feel that you still need to pee even after you go? I am thinking it may be more that your bowels are messed up and maybe making your bladder more irritated? If it is candida, that can get into your bladder as well as the bowels. Have you looked into other food allergies? What do you eat in a typical day?

ok when the pee is bad it is right where my pubic hair are, that area. left side has an ever-present irritation or knot just waiting to turn; if you read my notes to NoGluGirl i said where my ovaries are--that corner where the thigh and pubic hair and lower belly meet(sometimes both sides; generally left side-gets a harsh dry spot or...oh i can't think of any other descriptions). like i am trying to do stuff right; i.e. work, shop--reading food labels, figure out my banking you know just concentrate a moment...i don't know general things i just do on a regular basis. and drips continually flinch my pubic hair region, whole genitalia watery feeling all day, know it is coming--something almost drips out times; like i'll just be standing there or even trying to move around too and not so much out of nowhere cuz i feel it building it squeezes there so i nearly pee my pants; i wake in the mornings and barely get out of the covers--it sueezes there. i have to take it shuttering my legs and whatnot to hold it...when it is bad; when i eat something that won't work or whatever. more and more what i think works gets to that point; and takes awhile to weed out

i restrict myself severely due to this. i went down to brown rice and meat (oh and bananas) past week or so here. since you meantioned IC--NOthing but water and generally sips throughout the day if any at all to be honest. urges had cut down dramatically. then i had the Gatorade on the hot day. a whole bottle throughout the day. felt real good, replenished. felt it cool through my veins. had my general urge (pee scramble) in the late afternoon, which i still have...came home poop my brains out literally. next day was wasted, also switched meats, could not "absorb" (i'll say) anything i ate--not meaing i crapped all day, but my face and body felt depleted especially after eating. could have crapped brains out again following morning but held on so to speak since i had to work and poop my brains out after work at home. did not have a bad day, but had more Gatorade that day--i don't know 5 oz. i'll say; less than 1/2 bottle; 1/8, couple gulps...no Gatorade since. back to other meat now. kind of have the drip today or sense of it's distraction; that takes a few days to settle back down. have figured it out many times to get it to relax by eliminating so much. i am running out of things to eliminate it seems. hope this helps

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NoGluGirl Contributor
ok when the pee is bad it is right where my pubic hair are, that area. left side has an ever-present irritation or knot just waiting to turn; if you read my notes to NoGluGirl i said where my ovaries are--that corner where the thigh and pubic hair and lower belly meet(sometimes both sides; generally left side-gets a harsh dry spot or...oh i can't think of any other descriptions). like i am trying to do stuff right; i.e. work, shop--reading food labels, figure out my banking you know just concentrate a moment...i don't know general things i just do on a regular basis. and drips continually flinch my pubic hair region, whole genitalia watery feeling all day, know it is coming--something almost drips out times; like i'll just be standing there or even trying to move around too and not so much out of nowhere cuz i feel it building it squeezes there so i nearly pee my pants; i wake in the mornings and barely get out of the covers--it sueezes there. i have to take it shuttering my legs and whatnot to hold it...when it is bad; when i eat something that won't work or whatever. more and more what i think works gets to that point; and takes awhile to weed out

i restrict myself severely due to this. i went down to brown rice and meat (oh and bananas) past week or so here. since you meantioned IC--NOthing but water and generally sips throughout the day if any at all to be honest. urges had cut down dramatically. then i had the Gatorade on the hot day. a whole bottle throughout the day. felt real good, replenished. felt it cool through my veins. had my general urge (pee scramble) in the late afternoon, which i still have...came home poop my brains out literally. next day was wasted, also switched meats, could not "absorb" (i'll say) anything i ate--not meaing i crapped all day, but my face and body felt depleted especially after eating. could have crapped brains out again following morning but held on so to speak since i had to work and poop my brains out after work at home. did not have a bad day, but had more Gatorade that day--i don't know 5 oz. i'll say; less than 1/2 bottle; 1/8, couple gulps...no Gatorade since. back to other meat now. kind of have the drip today or sense of it's distraction; that takes a few days to settle back down. have figured it out many times to get it to relax by eliminating so much. i am running out of things to eliminate it seems. hope this helps

Dear scotty,

I think Candida could be causing some of this. However, the prostate tends to cause problems with this as well. That squeezing sensation can really be uncomfortable. You could also have what they call an irritable bladder. The medications do have possible side effects, though. I know there are natural bladder relief tablets available. I saw them in a catalog. Dr. Leonard's is online. Just type it in on Google. It will take you right to it. It would be worth a shot. If the Candida is causing this, it will subside after treatment, but until then, you might want to try these natural pills to stop the discomfort.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

scotty Explorer
Dear scotty,

Reflux and pain can be caused by hernias. Have you been checked for one? They can cause pain all over the place! However, the gallbladder can give you gas so bad, it can make you hurt all over. That is what it did to me. The gallbladder could cause your liver to hurt. It is part of the hepatobialary system. When it cannot function properly, your liver cannot either. I have met people who had gallbladder problems and the doctors missed them because they rely too heavily on the tests (which have an accuracy rate of a mere 33 percent at best!) develop liver and kidney problems, as well as pancreatitis. The woman I met at the surgeon's had a feeding tube in her belly button because this happened to her. She told me I was making the right decision getting it out! Talk about a sign from God! ROFLMAO! :lol: You probably couldn't damage yourself any worse taking it out yourself than if you wait on one of those geniuses in a labcoat to figure out what is wrong! :P As far as food goes, I have to buy what I can afford. Thank God for Wal-Mart!

The IC factor is a good possibility. You could try the diet, and see. The worst that could happen is you do not feel better. I do not always tolerate HFCS either. It does not always agree with me. I can eat corn, and I am fine. However, the syrup is too sweet and irritates my stomach. It makes me queasy sometimes. Dad says it tends to do that to him as well. :(

It would be our luck we would get lousy body part replacements! :angry: We would probably get factory rejects or something! :lol: Our arms would fall off, and all kinds of other weird things. Oh no!

Where did my toe go? Crap! I need to oil my shoulder again! :lol:

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

i do get alot of gas. i dont think it is hernias. my step-bro had one and man it looked like he was worse then how i feel all the time. and besides i'm pretty sure you can apply pressure to cause the pain. i can't. but in my back here i can. bout half way up the ribcage, almost as high as my hands can get to push. it is sore when i push, both sides in fact...my gas can compete with the dog's somedays; i use to have more gas pains, like it was getting trapped or something when i used to eat more things. i fart all over the place at times. <oh i am exhausting these descriptions> i wish i had someone who knew everything and was there for every sensation at every moment so i could say this here or that goes like that, see! have a litttle union tradesman wriggle through my body then return, "ok scott this is what is happening down there...now what we will have to do is...should not be a problem to fix...but there's alot going on down there, won't be quick or easy..." course then i would get some unliscenced guy to do the work real cheap; see what i can do myself; what kind of rebuilt deals i can find at the junkyard ;)

i just can't figure out why i eat and get a sinking feeling; only to later (maybe and hopefully) feeel the food and the energy. ok sometimes i get these how should i put it gut slumps maybe, where it feels like perhaps a big amount of gas or food or whatever slumps down or sinks or drops; like you know the belly full feeling or at least what it looks like on other people ('oh man i ate too much oh boy' patting there belly)-- well like that for a second then it like purls and vanishes...i get alot of purls and gurgles time to time;

the way hunger growls roll over maybe like that--not sure

i'll feel like poop is right there and maybe i should go knowing it is goign to be tremendous; then i don't and next thing you know it's like i'm full of air, empty i should say. i think i won't say anymore cuz i might just be making it worse to understand.

i do remember pancake syrup has a tendency to displease as a kid if i ate too many, though i still felt starving. i'm always starving feeling--ho boy i'm digging a hole here. it just changes so much it's a pain in the ass to say what usually happens

loraleena Contributor

Ok it does sound like IC or prostitis (similar ailment in men) or irritable bladder. All these can be caused by candida. They can also not. Bananas are a no no on the IC diet due to potassium, which can irritate the bladder. I am concerned that you are only eating meat and rice. You are seriously depleated in vitamins. Do all vegies bother your bladder? Have you read the complete IC diet list? There are lots of things you can eat. Or do some of these bother your bowel issues? Let me give you an example of a typical day for me. Breakfast - eggs in a brown rice wrap. Snack pear or carrot sticks. Lunch - organic sliced turkey, a mild un-aged cheese like mozzerella, and some veggies on a brown rice wrap. I usually just put sea salt on for a little extra taste. For dinner I may have chicken, asparagus, and sweet potato for example. For snack I usually eat popcorn. Usually after a while, I can add more things in, except for citrus. A huge no no. I am just coming off a big flare up due to a supplement I was taking that had lemon juice flavor. Do you take b-vitamins? These can cause problems for IC as well. I really would recomend going to a urologist to get tested for IC.

loraleena Contributor

Ok it does sound like IC or prostitis (similar ailment in men) or irritable bladder. All these can be caused by candida. They can also not. Bananas are a no no on the IC diet due to potassium, which can irritate the bladder. I am concerned that you are only eating meat and rice. You are seriously depleated in vitamins. Do all vegies bother your bladder? Have you read the complete IC diet list? There are lots of things you can eat. Or do some of these bother your bowel issues? Let me give you an example of a typical day for me. Breakfast - eggs in a brown rice wrap. Snack pear or carrot sticks. Lunch - organic sliced turkey, a mild un-aged cheese like mozzerella, and some veggies on a brown rice wrap. I usually just put sea salt on for a little extra taste. For dinner I may have chicken, asparagus, and sweet potato for example. For snack I usually eat popcorn. Usually after a while, I can add more things in, except for citrus. A huge no no. I am just coming off a big flare up due to a supplement I was taking that had lemon juice flavor. Do you take b-vitamins? These can cause problems for IC as well. I really would recomend going to a urologist to get tested for IC.

scotty Explorer

ok bananas have never bothered me. ieat like 3 a day. let's see the eggs there and the pear and the carrot would give me this feeling of sluggishness, depletion, a veritbale clearing if you will; and there is no adjusting; worsens if i keep eating; they alwasy have especially if i tried them all in one day; i've noticed if stuff contains vitamins on the label say that brown rice wrap these ones that i got i'm pretty sure bother. i know this stuff would make me gassy and perhaps in the morning i would wake with a serious lodge of painful sludge i'll say in my abdomen. HUGE poopin there. if i make it all day without dropping a tremendous load. i'm really leaning towards a gallbladder issue here. i get the jaundice pasty eye circles and surrounding areas. times my right area does hurt there. and the gas which i thought was from foods i just could not eat--so many no no diets i bounce around...am curious in that regard

grant it i need to try things that i had befoe while still consuming gluten and IC no nos and Candida no nos...so on and so forth. it could be a combination of everything. maybe i got both. i can't just go to doctors like i go to the bathroom. i can't get the run around they give you. the multiple tests that tell nothing. i almost have to go in and say take this out or check this. i told him my tongue was white and sore, he said, 'hmm that's not supposed to happen'--he's like a service writer; sees so many cars; just basic checks of standard problems and assembly line changes this or that new brakes, alternator, starter...i need someone who does not see a lot of people maybe--or someone who is more how do i say it --alright i dont know; irregular i guess

NoGluGirl Contributor
ok bananas have never bothered me. ieat like 3 a day. let's see the eggs there and the pear and the carrot would give me this feeling of sluggishness, depletion, a veritbale clearing if you will; and there is no adjusting; worsens if i keep eating; they alwasy have especially if i tried them all in one day; i've noticed if stuff contains vitamins on the label say that brown rice wrap these ones that i got i'm pretty sure bother. i know this stuff would make me gassy and perhaps in the morning i would wake with a serious lodge of painful sludge i'll say in my abdomen. HUGE poopin there. if i make it all day without dropping a tremendous load. i'm really leaning towards a gallbladder issue here. i get the jaundice pasty eye circles and surrounding areas. times my right area does hurt there. and the gas which i thought was from foods i just could not eat--so many no no diets i bounce around...am curious in that regard

grant it i need to try things that i had befoe while still consuming gluten and IC no nos and Candida no nos...so on and so forth. it could be a combination of everything. maybe i got both. i can't just go to doctors like i go to the bathroom. i can't get the run around they give you. the multiple tests that tell nothing. i almost have to go in and say take this out or check this. i told him my tongue was white and sore, he said, 'hmm that's not supposed to happen'--he's like a service writer; sees so many cars; just basic checks of standard problems and assembly line changes this or that new brakes, alternator, starter...i need someone who does not see a lot of people maybe--or someone who is more how do i say it --alright i dont know; irregular i guess

Dear scotty,

I am betting on Candida and the gallbladder as well. The tongue hurting and being white is thrush. You even have yeast in your mouth! The stomach issue with the gallbladder is very common. It can really make you miserable. Stomach pain is not uncommon with it, either. My colon used to cramp from it.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

scotty Explorer
Dear scotty,

I am betting on Candida and the gallbladder as well. The tongue hurting and being white is thrush. You even have yeast in your mouth! The stomach issue with the gallbladder is very common. It can really make you miserable. Stomach pain is not uncommon with it, either. My colon used to cramp from it.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

yea i went to cut the gallbladder out the other day when you gave me that knife and i uh cut the wrong thing i think :blink: got a huge mess over here ho boy :lol: thinks it my liver!! oh well got a meal for the dogs :P

might explain the stomach pains and hard poos i get. like i said i need a different doc. what tests do they do for your gallbladder. bloodwork? i had some done before but i don't know if they were looking for that. ultrasound? heard they do that looking for gallstrones. i want to just go in and like a wisdom tooth have em say "yup let's get those out of there"

i'm sure it is Candida. do you still take probiotics and antifungals and whatnots? is it indefinite to take them? maybe with gallbladder out i can eat more. i see veggie tables are on both lists (IC + Candida) and is should be eating those. perhaps some things will clear up. perhaps i will have to stick to both diets.

by the way had a whole bag of popcorn (no oil added organic stuff) the other night was pretty much fine. in the morning though got a hard sludged gut!! but i expected it still weeding out the Gatorade or whatever. i believe popcorn will work. i also thought maybe all that popcorn was too much carbs too. it felt good to splurge though. can't wait to try the butter stuff. might have helped actually?????

loraleena Contributor

I think you should see a naturopathic doc.

scotty Explorer
I think you should see a naturopathic doc.

ok

NoGluGirl Contributor
yea i went to cut the gallbladder out the other day when you gave me that knife and i uh cut the wrong thing i think :blink: got a huge mess over here ho boy :lol: thinks it my liver!! oh well got a meal for the dogs :P

might explain the stomach pains and hard poos i get. like i said i need a different doc. what tests do they do for your gallbladder. bloodwork? i had some done before but i don't know if they were looking for that. ultrasound? heard they do that looking for gallstrones. i want to just go in and like a wisdom tooth have em say "yup let's get those out of there"

i'm sure it is Candida. do you still take probiotics and antifungals and whatnots? is it indefinite to take them? maybe with gallbladder out i can eat more. i see veggie tables are on both lists (IC + Candida) and is should be eating those. perhaps some things will clear up. perhaps i will have to stick to both diets.

by the way had a whole bag of popcorn (no oil added organic stuff) the other night was pretty much fine. in the morning though got a hard sludged gut!! but i expected it still weeding out the Gatorade or whatever. i believe popcorn will work. i also thought maybe all that popcorn was too much carbs too. it felt good to splurge though. can't wait to try the butter stuff. might have helped actually?????

Dear scotty,

Ouch! :lol::P Yeah, you might have made a boo-boo! You gotta be careful where you cut! This could be a serious problem! Have either of your arms fallen off? This could be a sign of a rare but serious side-effect! :lol:

That stomach pain is definitely an indicator. Gallstones can really cause misery. For the gallbladder, a number of tests can be done. Abdominal CTs are the least often used for it, because it normally is the least accurate. However, if the stones are low-density, they are most likely to show in this procedure. Apparently, that was the case with me years back. The idiot doctor I had at the time completely missed it. If I ever get a hold of her neck, I will squeeze it until her neck pops off! The other procedures used are gallbladder ultrasounds and the HIDA scan. I have had them all! Sadly, the last two showed nothing. I found out by doing research they are only about 33 percent accurate at best after my doctor refused to let me see a surgeon because I had to be fine since the tests showed nothing. I finally confronted him with the inaccuracy rate of the tests, and drove him crazy enough to where he let me see a surgeon. I got that thing out just in time! Luckily, with the severity of my symptoms and the results of the abdominal CT, the surgeon said I was a candidate for surgery. Thank God I listened to my body, and not my family or doctor. I would have had major trouble.

I currently only take probiotics. At this time, I have not pursued antifungals. Man, that sludged gut feeling is always miserable. You feel like you have lead in your intestines. Even worse, it feels trapped at times! No matter how much you go, you still feel like there is more in there! The bloating is a real problem as well. I need to reduce my carbs, but so far, I am having a really hard time with that. My blood sugar gets low, and I have to get sugar. The Candida feeds off of it. Popcorn helps me, too. It usually sets well. I don't think sticking with the IC and other diet could hurt. Just make sure to rotate your foods to see what helps. I would keep a food journal.

The popcorn is high in carbs, but I always found that it has helped me. My stomach tolerates it very well. Many people do not tolerate it, like my brother. He could eat a handful of it and have the runs. I have to be cautious with my fat intake and get sick if there is too much oil or butter on anything, but other than that, the popcorn does well for me. Strangely, there are times where I will eat an entire bag of popcorn and get constipated! How odd is that?

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

NoGluGirl Contributor
ok

Dear scotty,

I think it would be a good idea as well. Loraleena has made a great suggestion. Naturopaths or holistic physicians are really helpful. I see a holistic physician now. I am glad I made the switch last year.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

scotty Explorer

alright i will be quite honest i don't know much of anything about naturopaths...i assume i can find one on line here?

NoGluGirl Contributor
alright i will be quite honest i don't know much of anything about naturopaths...i assume i can find one on line here?

Dear scotty,

You can do a search online. That would work. I actually found my doctor a little differently. I asked the people who work at the health food store. They are great to help answer any questions I have.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Archived