Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

is it okay to take

28 yr old Male

Diagnosed Celiac in February 2007

Gluten-free/Casein Free

HLA DQ 2,3 Subtype (2,8) I have both celiac genes!

Married

1 child 9 months- Levi

Yeast/Bacteria overgrowth

" CHANGE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THINGS AND THE THINGS YOU LOOK AT CHANGE"

Wayne Dyer

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I called once and asked about the Walgreen's brand Benadryl, it was gluten-free. I was having severe allergy problems at the time, and was taking alot of them. I got a bottle of 200 for around 10 dollars. Brand name was something l like 5 bucks for 24 pills...

"If I start fighting a war... I guarantee you'll see something new" - Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity

I actually take it when I get glutened, seems to help, but maybe its all in my head. I know it isn't an "allergy" but I am hopeful that it does *something* to help......makes me feel better.....

EnteroLab test positive for gluten intolerence and 2 gluten intolerence and celiac genes

DQ2 and DQ3 sub type DQ7 in December 2005

Gluten-free since Enterolab test, December 2, 2005.

Lame Advertisement Test positive for gluten intolerence in Sept 2005.

THEN found out that my fathers mother had nontropical sprue, she passed away at 40 from (stomach) cancer, had holes in her intestines when they caught it. I had no idea....

My allergist told me specifically to carry around Benadryl brand pills & the quick dissolve strips for my seafood allergies. She is well aware of my wheat allergy has been very good about making sure all of my allergy needs are covered when perscribing something. I have also never had any problems taking them either. So I would assume they are gluten-free. But you know what they say about assuming.... :rolleyes: I would check with a doctor or try emailing someone else within the company.

Jessica

Negative for Celiac

Confirmed Wheat Allergy May 5, 2007

Gluten-Free since May 7, 2007!

Other allergies: Dust Mites, Bananas, Fish, Shellfish, Chocolate, Feathers, Penicillin, 3 kinds of grasses, 4 kinds of trees & shrubs, 3 kinds of mold, & Cockroaches!