Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter
bugstabber

Anyone Know Of A Good Celiac Dr. In Sioux Falls, Sd Area?

Rate this topic

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I know, it's a problem. We've been helped by Dr. Lyon, in the Luverne, MN, clinic. It's a Sanford system clinic. Dr. Lyon has family members with celiac. Our visits to him were very helpful,both for children and adults in the family. We also saw a nutritionist at this clinic upon initial diagnosis. There are two local support groups, one in Sioux Falls, and one in Luverne. Have you met up with either of them? If you need more information, let me know! Good luck.

I know, it's a problem. We've been helped by Dr. Lyon, in the Luverne, MN, clinic. It's a Sanford system clinic. Dr. Lyon has family members with celiac. Our visits to him were very helpful,both for children and adults in the family. We also saw a nutritionist at this clinic upon initial diagnosis. There are two local support groups, one in Sioux Falls, and one in Luverne. Have you met up with either of them? If you need more information, let me know! Good luck.

Hey thanks for the reply, I'll check into it! You're a new member too, did you sign in just to answer my question? If so I'm honored!

" You're a new member too, did you sign in just to answer my question? If so I'm honored!"

I'm afraid so..... I've been lurking for quite a while! I pick up lots of good ideas, and don't usually feel I have much to add except sympathy!

Hello,

I currently live in Brookings, SD and have been searching for a doctor to test to see if I have a gluten sensitivity. (I am fairly certain that I do, but I would just like to confirm). Have you found a good doctor in the Sioux Falls area?

2 hours ago, allymo said:

Hello,

I currently live in Brookings, SD and have been searching for a doctor to test to see if I have a gluten sensitivity. (I am fairly certain that I do, but I would just like to confirm). Have you found a good doctor in the Sioux Falls area?

I am not sure the original posters are still around, but any medical doctor can run the celiac panel:

-Tissue Transglutaminase (tTG) IgA and (tTG) IgG
-Deamidated Gliadin Peptide (DGP) IgA and (DGP) IgG
-EMA IgA 
-total serum IgA and IgG (control test)
-AGA IGA and AGA IgG - older and less reliable tests largely replace by the DGP tests

-endoscopic biopsy - make sure at least 6 samples are taken

VERY IMPORTANT:  Keep eating gluten daily until ALL testing is complete or the tests can be inaccurate.  

(Source: NVSMOM -- ?)

Welcome to the forum and let us know how it goes! 

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test (DGP IgA only) and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Repeat endoscopy/Biopsies: Healed