Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

amberleigh

Taco Bell?

So, you would *think* a taco would be okay...but unfortunately, TB uses oats in their shells and meat. Why? Who knows.

Anyway, according to their ingredient statement, tostada shells, beans, and rice are okay (as well as the sauce - minus fire sauce). So would a tostada of beans, lettuce, cheese, and mild sauce be okay? Do you eat there?

I didn't particularly like Taco Bell pre-diagnosis and what I've heard about them post-diagnosis has definitely put them on my skip list.

However, the Taco Bell Fat Free refried beans in a can in the grocery store are a staple at my house. Pity I can't count on the fast food spots to be as safe.

When I want tacos, I go to Taco Cabana. They even have a gluten free menu and I've had very few problems with them over the years since diagnosis.

I HAD NO IDEA!!!! Thats why I got SICK when I was a kid....bastards! They should advertise that!!!

I do remember right after I got my first car (I didn't know about Celiac at this point) my friends and I were in the drive through and we saw the delivery truck. The back door was open and there were a ton of boxes that said "Grade D beef, mostly edible".....we all ordered chicken and never returned to any taco bell. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?!?!?

There was athread on Taco Bell a few months ago. When my parents came up to visit we went to the mall and were looking for a place to eat. None of us were terribly hungry so we decided to try to find fast food. I remember what was discussed on that thread, and on others advice I ordered a steak bowl. It was good, but that has been my only experience with them, and it was a good one. It would have to be a special circumstance for me to return to any fact food place asside from a Wendy's Frosty.....oh great, now I'm hungry!

There was athread on Taco Bell a few months ago. When my parents came up to visit we went to the mall and were looking for a place to eat. None of us were terribly hungry so we decided to try to find fast food. I remember what was discussed on that thread, and on others advice I ordered a steak bowl. It was good, but that has been my only experience with them, and it was a good one. It would have to be a special circumstance for me to return to any fact food place asside from a Wendy's Frosty.....oh great, now I'm hungry!

Just FYI, Wendy's baked potatos and chili is a mainstay of fast food for me. I've never had a problem so long as I remember to tell them not to put crackers in the bag.