Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest lorlyn

Juice-plus Supplements

Guest lorlyn

Does any one take Juice-Plus supplements? Are they considered gluten free?

Thanks for any info.

The fruit ones are gluten-free.

The vegetable ones have oat bran and barley bran in them. Juice Plus claims they are gluten-free ... I don't know why they think that ... sounds like they have gluten in them to me.

Guest lorlyn

I recently purchased both the fruit and vegetable supplements. I had read the paper work before purchasing them and they said they had taken the barley out and replaced it with rice. After receiving the product I was reading the label and the barley was gone and the rice was there but it also contained oat bran. I did not feel comfortable in giving these to my daughter and husband. My sales rep. had a letter from Juice-Plus e-mailed to me a letter stating that the oat was less than 20 parts per million. I am still not sure if I feel safe giving these to my family. They say they are good supplements for people with Celiac. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Personally, I wouldn't do it. The oats themselves may cause a problem with some celiacs. We also probably get a certain amount of gluten each day from contamination, so I wouldn't willingly eat something I knew to be contaminated, even if it was a low level.

my gastro highly recommended juice plus and told me that they would make me feel super, the fruit and the vegetable ones, he told me and the rep both told me that they were both gluten free, after taking them both for 6months and feeling no better, probbably worse!! I stopped taking them, i guess now i know why i didnt' have any improvement while taking them, OHHHHHHHH that makes me so angry, and this is coming from someone i'm suppose to trust, things like this just make me feel so flustrated!!!! thanks for the in put on this product, glad i didn't order another 6 months of those nasty little pills!! <_<

Guest lorlyn

Thanks for ya's input. My rep said they would help a person who has damage from Celiac to heal quicker. I had my reservations when I saw they have oats in them. I will be sending them back. Thanks alot I just needed someone else opinion.