Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blueeyedmanda

Curves For Woman

I have been wanting to join a gym for quite some time now and I am just not up to be surrounded by a mix of people. I am looking into Curves and was wondering if anyone else is a member and how do you guys like it? My youngest sister belongs and really likes it. Hoping someone on here can help.

Thanks

I meant Curves for Women but now it won't let me change the title :)

I can't speak on this personally but I have a few friends who have been/or are members and they love the program.

The feedback I have gotten from them is that it's great because they get in, do their 30 minute workout, and get out so it really fits in to their busy schedule, and they have gotten results.

Hi,

My mom goes to Curves. She's been going for a few years now I think....not always consistently though. She does seem to really like it. I went with her once and it was a nice atmosphere (I just sat and read a magazine).

I was a member a while ago. The only thing my mom and I didn't like, was within a couple months (maybe 2) we stopped getting results. It's great for starting out and getting back into workout mode, but if you really want to build muscle, etc. we found it wasn't really possible. The reason being, you can't adjust the weight amount on machines.

Kassandra

I use to go to Curves last fall right after I had my knee surgery. It was really helpful and I enjoyed it. The only down fall is that you can't add any weights so you will get to a point where you may feel like you are not challenging youself anymore, but...if you are starting out I would recommend it. Its a good way to get started on a fitness routine without getting so overwhelmed, wich I do with any exercies program. Honestly, you have nothing to lose. It's a nice way to ease into a work out program. Best of luck to you.

Guest Doll

My friend's mom owns a few franchises in Winnipeg. From what I can tell, everyone loves them and they are really caring and well run. Plus, no gross sweaty guys walking around in spandex to oogle you! ;)

From what I understand, Curves is *generally* meant to be a "starting out" workout program for those new to exercise or coming back after some time.

Guest j_mommy

No offense to an older women intended....but the one here is almost like a 60 plus club. And when my friend and I walked in we got the stare down!!!LOL

But after awhile they warmed up to us...offcourse I live ina small town so things are little different here.

We also used it as a starting point after we had our boys!!!! It was perfect low stress time and workout!

I went for a while, but unfortunately got a little bored. The atmosphere is great, but if you already workout, it probably won't be much of a challenge. If you need a low-intensity way to get back in the game, it's definitely a great start.