This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Vitamins

chawk310

chawk310 Apprentice

what children's vitamins are gluten-free? My 4 y/o son is currently taking Flintstones. I called them today, and they could not guarantee they were gluten-free. thanks.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ROYAL BLUE Apprentice

My son takes Centrum or Jaimeson Brand multivitamins. In Canada they are gluten-free.

Here is what they said when contacted.

Thank you for contacting Jamieson Vitamins through our webpage.

In regards to your specific request, both of our children's multivitamin

preparations are gluten-free.

Should you have any further questions, please contact our consumer affairs

information line at 1 800 265 5088. Your continuous interest and support of

Jamieson is very much appreciated.

Sincerely,

Wayne Belkosky

Consumer Affairs Coordinator

Jamieson Laboratories

4025 Rhodes Drive

Windsor, ON

Canada N8W 5B5

Toll Free: 1 800 265 5088

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your recent email. Whitehall-Robins is a Gluten Free company, i.e., none of our products contains gluten including Centrum Junior. Other major brands we sell are Advil, Advil Cold & Sinus & Robaxacet, Caltrate, Robitussin, Dimetapp, Robaxisal etc which are also gluten free.

Regards,

Whitehall-Robins INC.

5975 Whittle Road

Mississauga Ontario

L4Z-3M6

E-Mail: askus@wyeth.com

• 3 weeks later...
celiac3270 Collaborator

Hey,

I'm 13 yrs. old w/Celiac. I used to take flinstones, also. My mother found another vitamin. She called them and they said they're gluten-free. I now take "Animal Parade". It's chewable, which is nice. Hope I helped.

gf4life Enthusiast

Colter is right, the Twin Labs Animal Parade Cherry flavored are gluten-free, as are Twin Labs Animal Friends Multi-vitamin, Centrum Kid's (cherry, fruit punch and orange flavor), also Sesame Street Complete and Bugs Bunny Chewables are also supposed to be gluten-free.

God bless,

Mariann

flagbabyds Collaborator

I took sesame street chewables when I was younger and we called them many times and they said they are gluten-free. Mow that I am older I take Centrum swallowables because I don't like to chew them.

chawk310 Apprentice

I really appreciate everyone's help with this topic. I am so happy to have this message board available!!

• 2 years later...
AndreaB Contributor

Freeda also has gluten free children's chewable vitamins that are vegan. They have 8 mg. of iron so that may not be good for children who eat a lot of meat for protein. We've recently switched from the vegan diet and the children have not taken to it real well. When they do we will probably be looking to switch to a different brand.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Esther Sparhawk Contributor

My daughters take Yummi Bears multi-vitamin & mineral. On the box, it says, "Free of: yeast, wheat, milk, soy, gluten, salt, artificial colors, artificial flavors, salycylates, and preservatives."

It includes 14 different vitamins, including B-12 and B-6, which I've read are particularly difficult for celiacs to absorb. It's pricey, but my kids are worth it.

The nice thing about Yummi Bears is that they really are yummy! They look and taste like Gummi Bears. The box says their web site is found at www.yummibears.com if you want to look them up.

Mechelle

p.s. I'm sure Flintstone vitamins aren't good for Annie. When we stopped taking them, her skin finally cleared up.

VydorScope Proficient

Umm I thought Centruim Kids is NO LONGER gluten-free? Didnt that annouce that recently?

We give our son L'il Critter Gummy Bear Vitmans ( Open Original Shared Link ) they are labeld GFm/ilk free/ etc. Very very tasty to!

• 3 months later...
Djembe Johnson Newbie
My son takes Centrum or Jaimeson Brand multivitamins. In Canada they are gluten-free.

Here is what they said when contacted.

Thank you for contacting Jamieson Vitamins through our webpage.

In regards to your specific request, both of our children's multivitamin

preparations are gluten-free.

Should you have any further questions, please contact our consumer affairs

information line at 1 800 265 5088. Your continuous interest and support of

Jamieson is very much appreciated.

Sincerely,

Wayne Belkosky

Consumer Affairs Coordinator

Jamieson Laboratories

4025 Rhodes Drive

Windsor, ON

Canada N8W 5B5

Toll Free: 1 800 265 5088

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your recent email. Whitehall-Robins is a Gluten Free company, i.e., none of our products contains gluten including Centrum Junior. Other major brands we sell are Advil, Advil Cold & Sinus & Robaxacet, Caltrate, Robitussin, Dimetapp, Robaxisal etc which are also gluten free.

Regards,

Whitehall-Robins INC.

5975 Whittle Road

Mississauga Ontario

L4Z-3M6

E-Mail: askus@wyeth.com

Gluten should be the least of concerns when dealing with an atrocious product like Centrum Junior or Centrum for Kids. Go to www.centrumistoxic.com to find out the disgusting truth about the kind of poisons Wyeth is willing to feed our kids.

vampella Contributor
Gluten should be the least of concerns when dealing with an atrocious product like Centrum Junior or Centrum for Kids. Go to www.centrumistoxic.com to find out the disgusting truth about the kind of poisons Wyeth is willing to feed our kids.

ALRIGHTY THEN what vit would YOU recommend then? curious????

shayesmom Rookie

Thank you for the link on this. I do not use Centrum products and I don't feed them to my child either. It seems that since we began addressing the gluten and other food intolerance issues that the "logical" step for us was to keep things simple and not buy products that had ingredients we couldn't pronounce. ;)

For the poster who was looking for a good multivitamin....Animal Parade is very good. My dd loves it, it's not very expensive, it's free of most common allergens and best of all....it's made with whole foods. Vitamins that are made with whole foods are more efficiently absorbed by the body. Vitamins not made of whole foods (like Centrum) do not get fully absorbed and so it's not really fulfilling what you need.

Other supplements that may be of interest for kids are Nordic Naturals DHA (and they also have a berry flavored multi-vitamin that my dd adores) and a good probiotics supplement such as Metagenics Ultra Flora Plus DF (free of most common allergens as well).

Another option to maximize your vitamin intake is to juice at home. You can work all sorts of fruits and vegetables in and kids love the whole process. I have a Jack Lalanne Power Juicer and my dd gets a huge kick out of throwing the vegetables into the juicer. At least once a week she will come to me with a bag of carrots in hand and say, "JUICE". :lol: Carrot/apple is her favorite (1 lb of carrots to one apple).

We have found that a whole food diet free of gluten, dairy and soy has been pretty miraculous as far as acheiving better health. And we have also found that it doesn't take much "junk" food to throw off that balance. Some of the posters here may already know that when it comes to alternative medicine, one of the first things that they tell you to do is take out all refined products including gluten, dairy and sugar. Getting off of those foods helps your body absorb nutrients. Eventually, the multi-vitamins can be replaced by eating well and making all calories count.

Best of health in the future.

Archived