Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ab123

Safe Ingredients In Shampoo, Toothpaste, Etc...

I didnt know untill today that you can get glutened from your shampoo. I guess I did, cause I have had tons of ulcers in my mouth this week and havent had anything that could even be close to having gluten in it. I just recently switched to a new shampoo and sure enough, I looked at the ingredients and it said, "Wheat gluten and Hydrolozized wheat protein".

My question is, how do you know if a product has gluten in it? Will shampoo and stuff always say, "wheat", or will it be in one of the funny ingredients you cant pronounce?

Do I need to check all my hairspray, hair products, face wash, soap, lotion, toothpaste, etc? What do I look for?

Dove products are gluten free if you buy store-brand shampoo and conditioner. I have never used them b/c I just use salon products, but Dove says they are gluten free and I have seen it on the boards several times.

i just went through the same boat over labor day weekend. I had to go through my entire house; cleanign supplies, fingernail polish, make-up, lotions, etc. b/c I was getting glutened. I had always thought until that weekend that you just had to watch food products.

Thank goodness for this forum....it teaches you so much!