Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest thatchickali

Anyone Have A Problem With Rice?

Guest thatchickali

I haven't yet gotten better on my gluten-free diet, and I really feel like I'm getting worse.

I think it might be rice that's the problem, which makes me sad because I really like rice and that would make gluten-free even harder, but I want to know if it's common to have a rice intolerance?

I don't know if it's common but I also have a rice intolerence. Makes me hurt all over. My daughter is the same way. It doesn't matter the amount either. Just a little bit will set things off.

Yellow Rose

Common in the US? No. But that in no way means that you don't have one. It's not unheard of or impossible, and so I would encourage you to keep a food journal and try staying rice-free for a few days (or weeks), reintroducing it, recording symptoms the whole time, and repeating a few times to verify a pattern if one exists.

Guest kivmom3

I've been keeping a food diary and that is how I realized that I have a rice intolerance! I wasn't feeling better either. I, like you, was feeling much worse and could not figure out why! I began to review my diary and thought I would also eliminate rice to see how I feel.

I began to slowly feel better! I can not tolerate rice in any form :(. Makes this diet a bit more challenging but duable. I just eat other grains like quinoa and buckwheat.

So, it's not unheard of I guess. Try eliminating it or keep a food diary and see if you can find some patterns.

Gg

I'm allergic to rice (and buckwheat, actually). It's uncommon but not impossible.

After going gluten-free I felt better but then got a sinus infection that I could not get rid of. The doc ran an allergey test and figured I was allergic to gluten, corn, soybeans, dogs, and all grass and mold. I also have issues with serevral other things. I have pretty much taken the corn and soybeans out as well as eggs and cut way back on the lactose. I can tell when I've had some because my ears start to bug me and my stomache starts to hurt alittle. You could have your doc run an allergey panel. They can run a big cross section just by drawing blood now. Rice was actually the one thing that I didn't react at all to. I understand the struggle when you get used to one change and then have to make another.

I do have problems with rice, soy, corn, gluten and dairy.

At first I didnt think it branched out that much but after going on an elimination diet I found out how good I could actually feel and how many of my "normal" aches and pains were actually caused by food. I still cheat once in a while with rice but I know Im going to pay if I do. If your interested in more information regarding elimination diets and celiac disease I found a website written by a veterinarian who happens to have celiac disease and has written about his own findings regarding other intolerances.

I can pm you the web address if your interested since I dont think I can post it

I haven't yet gotten better on my gluten-free diet, and I really feel like I'm getting worse.

I think it might be rice that's the problem, which makes me sad because I really like rice and that would make gluten-free even harder, but I want to know if it's common to have a rice intolerance?

how long have you been on our gluten-free diet? and how long have you been, well...ill feeeling and how bad do or did you feel?

I found myself intolerant to rice, actually all grains that I tried for that matter, after being gluten-free for a while.

I went off grains completely for 6-7 months and can now eat rice with no problem.

Same thing with corn.

I can't eat much rice, especially brown rice. I can eat rice flour and some rice pasta. It seems the more it is processed, the more I am likely to cope eating it. I get sick, irritable and constipated! B):angry:

We now have lots of quinoa and buckwheat. Yum! :lol: