Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Motorboater

Libby's Easy Pumpkin Pie Mix

Just got off the phone with Nestle and the Easy Pumpkin Pie Mix is gluten free, she advised me that ALL of their products will say, "contains wheat or nut ect..." She said they are very well aware of food allergies and list it specifically on the labels. This is good to know for me, I've been craving something pumpkin and this will now be cooking into something...........enjoy!

Pam

Guest j_mommy

Wanted to point out that it is not a law yet for gluten to be on teh label!! Companies are aware of teh wheat part of gluten but rarely label barley, rye and oats!!!

Wanted to point out that it is not a law yet for gluten to be on teh label!! Companies are aware of teh wheat part of gluten but rarely label barley, rye and oats!!!

Thanks for the info....the woman at Nestle explained that the natural flavors and spices are nothing more than someone would use if making a pie from scratch, nutmeg....cinnamon.....vanilla...Please, please, please if anyone knows if this product is "bad" please post.

Pam

Thanks for the info....the woman at Nestle explained that the natural flavors and spices are nothing more than someone would use if making a pie from scratch, nutmeg....cinnamon.....vanilla...Please, please, please if anyone knows if this product is "bad" please post.

Pam

I replied to your other post. That product is owned by Nestle. They clearly label all the top 8 allergens (which includes wheat, as is required by law) AND barley, rye or oats. If you don't see wheat, barley, rye or oats on the label, it is a safe product.

Case in point - Nestle butterscotch chips disclose barley in the ingredient list. they are not required by law to do this, but they disclose all their gluten ingredients.