Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just thought I'd share this with everyone.....if you haven't tried Quinoa flakes, definately give them a shot. The added perk is that they are CHEAP! I bough a box for $3, and it's lasted two weeks.

I've used Quinoa flakes for mock oatmeal cookies before, but this week I used them to make hot cereal. It has a texture similar to grits or cream of wheat, and has a very mild flavor that you can make savory or sweet. My kids are even eating it, I just add butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. I have found it to be very easy on my stomach, I seem to have trouble tolerating heavy foods in the morning.

I also made pancakes this week with Quinoa flour, and the kids ate them! It did have a bit of an aftertaste, but it's much more nutritious than the rice flour I was using. Definately give this grain a go, it's my new favorite food find!!!

I second that!! :D

Quinoa flakes are yummy! I've been using it in just about anything I'd normally use breadcrumbs for as well. And yes, it is WAY cheaper than anything else I've found!!

(I love to bake a chicken breast, with dijon mustard on it, then sprinkle crushed corn tortilla chips with the quinoa flakes on em...kinda like shake n' bake!!)