Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RIMom

Halloween Candy

Does anyone have a list of ok candy? I don't usually let my kids eat much candy, so I'm totally unprepared to deal with bags of unmarked candy coming in the door for Halloween. I know ingredients are on external packaging, but you don't get that. I really don't want to spend hours doing research or tell her she can only have M and M's. Anyone have an active list?

Thanks

Sarah

Sarah

Mom in Rhode Island with two girls ages 4.5 and 7.5.

4.5 yr old diagnosed w/ blood test 12/2006

Chiropractor diagnosed it before that.

Extensive family history of Celiac

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Does anyone have a list of ok candy? I don't usually let my kids eat much candy, so I'm totally unprepared to deal with bags of unmarked candy coming in the door for Halloween. I know ingredients are on external packaging, but you don't get that. I really don't want to spend hours doing research or tell her she can only have M and M's. Anyone have an active list?

Thanks

Sarah

I am waiting anxiously for this also. I heard that R.O.C.K. puts out an updated list every year, but this year's isn't done yet.

-Sarah (another one :) )

-Sarah

--Son, Lucas, age 7. Gluten-free since May 2007

--Son, Ezra, age 5. Gluten-free 10/13/07. Bipolar tendencies, massively improved on gluten-free diet! He's also allergic to a jillion antibiotics.

--My mother has Celiac Disease, dx'ed by Positive Blood Tests and Biopsy. Diagnosed Sarcoidosis 6/08.

--Myself, Gluten-free since 8/07

Time heals all hurt of heart... but time must be won.

If you see this link, you will get to the 2006 ROCK list. The 2007 list will not be out for a few weeks. this list should get you started, as it is quite comprehensive.

-Colleen

Dx 8/05 via bloodwork and biopsy (total villous atrophy)

13-year old son Dx 11/05 via bloodwork and biopsy

Daughters (16 and 5) have tested negative via bloodwork

A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt

The 2007 ROCK list is out. Someone posted a link on another thread. It's on the Yahoo and delphi forums. If you cannot find it PM me and I'll send it to you, and whoever else needs it. It will be tonight though.

Jenny

Son 6 yrs old, Positive blood work, Outstanding dietary response, no biopsy.

Household mostly gluten free since 3/07

Me: HLA-DQ 02 & 0302 (DQ 08), which I ran & analyzed myself!Currently gluten lite, negative tTG, asymptomatic

See this thread.

Someone has also uploaded the list to Delphi, if you would rather not join the Silly Yaks list. You can get it here.

-Colleen

Dx 8/05 via bloodwork and biopsy (total villous atrophy)

13-year old son Dx 11/05 via bloodwork and biopsy

Daughters (16 and 5) have tested negative via bloodwork

A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt