Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

buffettbride

Motrin Junior Strength Tablets

Can anyone verify the gluten-free status of the Motrin brand Junior Strength Ibuprofin tablets for me? DD has some leg cramps and we're out of Tylenol Meltaways and I have some of the motrin on hand.

Here are the inactive ingredients:

carnauba wax

cellulose

corn strach

D&C yellow #10

FD&C yellow #6

hypromellose

polydestrose

polyethylene glycol

propylene glycol

silicon dioxide

sodium starch glycolate

titanium dioxide

triacetin

I think the only suspect would be the sodium starch glycolate which is usually from corn or potato, but I haven't found anything to indicate it is for sure.

Anyone familiar with this drug and can help relatively quickly? She has an audition for a play this afternoon and I don't want to gluten her!

Thanks!

Mallory

I am sorry no one answered your reply and I don't know if its safe or not. I tryed looking fo it. I asked a question yesterday also and no responds. I hope your DD did ok?

Can anyone verify the gluten-free status of the Motrin brand Junior Strength Ibuprofin tablets for me? DD has some leg cramps and we're out of Tylenol Meltaways and I have some of the motrin on hand.

Here are the inactive ingredients:

carnauba wax

cellulose

corn strach

D&C yellow #10

FD&C yellow #6

hypromellose

polydestrose

polyethylene glycol

propylene glycol

silicon dioxide

sodium starch glycolate

titanium dioxide

triacetin

I think the only suspect would be the sodium starch glycolate which is usually from corn or potato, but I haven't found anything to indicate it is for sure.

Anyone familiar with this drug and can help relatively quickly? She has an audition for a play this afternoon and I don't want to gluten her!

Thanks!

Mallory

I am sorry no one answered your reply and I don't know if its safe or not. I tryed looking fo it. I asked a question yesterday also and no responds. I hope your DD did ok?

Thanks. She toughed it out without meds, which was probably better anyway. I just think she was sore from overexerting herself in gym class Friday. They played softball and she said she slid into home base a few times!

I'm going to call the company tomorrow and verify because it would be super handy to be able to give that to her. Motrin has a bit of a better kick than Tylenol Meltaways. I just didn't want to take the risk of a glutening on audition day (for a local play here) plus, she is already in a play right now and had a performance last night and a glutening would be baaaaaaaaaad.

Thanks. She toughed it out without meds, which was probably better anyway. I just think she was sore from overexerting herself in gym class Friday. They played softball and she said she slid into home base a few times!

I'm going to call the company tomorrow and verify because it would be super handy to be able to give that to her. Motrin has a bit of a better kick than Tylenol Meltaways. I just didn't want to take the risk of a glutening on audition day (for a local play here) plus, she is already in a play right now and had a performance last night and a glutening would be baaaaaaaaaad.

I agree.... glad she was ok. Regular Motrin is safe because that is what I take. Would you mind posting if it is safe or not after you find out?