Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pickles1

Coffee Makes Me Feel Glutenised!

Does anyone else get this? Had my first coffee today since going gluten-free 2 weeks ago, and I'm burping a lot, and now feel I may throw up.

I've never been a big coffee drinker, only 2-3 a week at max, and drink mochas which is why I've basically stopped cos my usual cafe uses chocolate powder that contains gluten. But today I got a flat white from there and added my own drinking chocolate (checked and is gluten-free), assuming I'd be fine. But no.

I did get it all the time before and just after I went gluten free. I drank my coffee with milk in it and think that may be some of the problem. Coffee can be very irritating to your intestines. Do you drink your coffee with milk in it? Do you notice the burping with any other dairy products? You could be lactose intolerant. I found I am bothered by some dairy products, but others seem fine.

I also had to switch to drinking decaf coffee because regular coffee makes my head seriously foggy and makes my whole nervous system feel out of whack. I try to stick with only decaf drinks during the day now.

Hope you feel better soon.