Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NorthernElf

Astro Yogurt - Fruit On The Bottom

Anyone had a reaction to this ?

I had one at work yesterday and it was followed by nausea & headaches and general ill feeling. I can't find any recent info on gluten and this yogurt or cross contamination. However, my son is sick too so I'm not sure if it is the yogurt or that !

TIA.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I very well may not have been on a Google search I found this, does the one your using come from Canada? I will also check for US specific answer.

http://www.penny.ca/Parmalat.htm

"This is an update for your gluten-free products list regarding Parmalat's Astro yogurts.

Begin forwarded message:

Date: April 6, 2006 1:41:13 PM PDT

To: lizkennedy

Subject: Consumer Response Case # 102381

Dear Ms. Kennedy,

This is to acknowledge receipt of your recent e-mail to Parmalat Canada concerning Gluten Free Products.

Recent updates in regulations have changed the definition of what can be declared as a "Gluten Free" product. As a result of the changes in the regulations, we have reviewed our products and, under the revised regulations, only our Beatrice Sensational Soy Original, Vanilla, Chocolate and Sensational Juice Blends as well as our Astro Jeunesse Yogourt can be described as gluten free.

Thank you for contacting Parmalat Canada.

Sincerely,

Consumer Relations,

Parmalat Canada

Reference #102381"

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Anyone had a reaction to this ?

I had one at work yesterday and it was followed by nausea & headaches and general ill feeling. I can't find any recent info on gluten and this yogurt or cross contamination. However, my son is sick too so I'm not sure if it is the yogurt or that !

TIA.

I eat this yogurt all the time. email them if you feel unsure....