Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FootballFanatic

Can Someone Define "clearly List All Gluten"?

So I know there are companies that will "clearly list all gluten" (Like Kraft for example) and I'm just wondering does that mean it will say "Wheat" "Barley" "Rye" etc.... or does it mean it will list the things on that ridiculously long list?

10-06 Diagnosed Urinary Tract Infection (Allergic to Cipro, Bactrim, Macrobid, Doxycycline, Monocycline, Penicillin) - This UTI is still present with no symptoms.

10-06 Diagnosed "Acid Reflux" (Nexium didn't work)

12-06 Endoscopy diagnosed Gastritis (Negative Bioposy)

12-06 Negative bloodwork for Celiac Disease, Diagnosed "Gastroparesis" - Started Zelnorm

1-07 Diagnosed "IBS-C" - Still taking Zelnorm

3-07 HIDA scan to check gallbladder which was fully functional.

3-07 Zelnorm taken off market, started Domperidone

4-21-07 Emergency Appendectomy (FUUUNN!)

7-24-07 Enterolab results came back positive

Gluten Free since that night....

...Still not feeling great.

"Don't expect constant success, but strive for constant growth."

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

So I know there are companies that will "clearly list all gluten" (Like Kraft for example) and I'm just wondering does that mean it will say "Wheat" "Barley" "Rye" etc.... or does it mean it will list the things on that ridiculously long list?

"Wheat", "Barley", "Rye", "Malt" - clearly

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

This means that the gluten-containing grain will be listed by its common name. Look for the specific words: Wheat, Rye, Barley or Oats. If malt is listed, it should say something like "malt flavor (barley)" or similar words. No obscure terms to look for--the grain will be obvious.

If none of the grains we care about are listed by name, then the product does not contain gluten, and is safe for us to eat.

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007