Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bakingbarb

Would You Order This Way?

So all of this talk of baking and how hard it is to get good gluten-free baked yummies got me to thinking...

I knew a guy in New York that baked the best breads, he made them to order and shipped them overnight.

Why can't this be done with gluten-free goodies? I know absolutely nothing about shipping food. We all know that overnight shipping is costly also.

So would it be worth the extra money to mail order and overnight gluten-free baked goods. I am assuming they would taste good or I wouldn't offer them.

I am also not thinking this isn't something that I could do anytime soon as I don't have recipes down pat, just thinking ahead.

Thanks for any input.

~Barb

Gluten Free October 18, 2007

YIPPEE for Gluten free

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Guest j_mommy

I order bread and baked goods off teh internet all the time. I have 2 favorite bakeries about 2 1/2 hours and 4 hrs from where I live and I recieve the packages within two days of ordering!

Join eNewsletter

So all of this talk of baking and how hard it is to get good gluten-free baked yummies got me to thinking...

I knew a guy in New York that baked the best breads, he made them to order and shipped them overnight.

Why can't this be done with gluten-free goodies? I know absolutely nothing about shipping food. We all know that overnight shipping is costly also.

So would it be worth the extra money to mail order and overnight gluten-free baked goods. I am assuming they would taste good or I wouldn't offer them.

I am also not thinking this isn't something that I could do anytime soon as I don't have recipes down pat, just thinking ahead.

Thanks for any input.

Sure it would be possible you might even be able to go with something like 2 to 3 day post if you used a vacuum form of wraping. You might want to think of parbaking breads and rolls so folks would finish them up in the oven. That would make them seem fresh baked good.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

Sure it would be possible you might even be able to go with something like 2 to 3 day post if you used a vacuum form of wraping. You might want to think of parbaking breads and rolls so folks would finish them up in the oven. That would make them seem fresh baked good.

OH that is a wonderful idea. :D:D

~Barb

Gluten Free October 18, 2007

YIPPEE for Gluten free

Join eNewsletter

I actually have deby's bakery in denver on my list of places to visit next week when I am there, its a 5 hour drive but should be able to inexpensively get some shipped to me if they do that sort of thing, but ya know I am gonna have to test a few things out while i'm there, um..... yeah..... well its my story and I'm sticking to it! lol

Just my .00000002 cents worth

If I knew what I was doing years ago I would have half a clue today!

Join eNewsletter

I actually have deby's bakery in denver on my list of places to visit next week when I am there, its a 5 hour drive but should be able to inexpensively get some shipped to me if they do that sort of thing, but ya know I am gonna have to test a few things out while i'm there, um..... yeah..... well its my story and I'm sticking to it! lol

Snatch up some the pizza crusts and garlic bread!!

We eat Debys pizza crust when we order from Beau Jos and tried the garlic bread when we ate at Abruscis. Debys supplies gluten-free options to many restaurants in the Denver area in addition to the gluten-free restaurant.

My daughter wasn't too excited with the spaghetti but we've been itchin' to go there for a full meal. The prices are VERY reasonable as well!

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter