Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

143horses

Hi Everyone I Am New

hi every body here. I am new as of late last night ;o) I posted one question but did not introduce myself.....I was so excited that I forgot my manners :huh: I was dx. last week. I have had ALL the symptoms that I have found all ya'll have to. I am 30, a stay at home wife of almost 6 years. I am Crazy as a sprayed roach but after reading these post sounds like Im not the only one and there is hope for me yet!! :D I am so looking foward to meeting some new friends that can help me and that already understand me-you know, this could just be a blessing. How many people get to meet so many others that ALREADY understand them, I mean really! Well, just wanted to tell a small bit about my lil Celiac self and hoping that you will accept me into your world.......Liv :D

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Welcome! :)

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

Join eNewsletter

Just a word of warning. This place can be addictive :lol: It is so nice to have a place to talk to folks dealing with the same issues. Where else can we discuss our poo at length, for instance? I know my husband doesn't want to hear about mine anymore :rolleyes:

McDougall diet (low fat vegan) since 6/00

Gluten free since 1/6/07

Soy free and completely casein and egg free since 2/15/07

Yeast free, on and off, since 3/1/07 -- I can't notice any difference one way or the other

Enterolab results -- 2/15/07

Fecal Antigliladin IgA 140 (Normal Range <10 units)

Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 50 (Normal Range <10 units)

Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score 517 (Normal Range <300 units)

Fecal anti-casein (cow's milk) IgA antibody 127 (Normal Range <10 units)

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0501

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 06xx

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 1,1 (subtype 5,6)

Fecal anti-ovalbumin (chicken egg) IgA antibody 11 (Normal range <10 units)

Fecal Anti-Saccharomyces cerevisiae (dietary yeast) IgA 11 (Normal range <10 units)

Fecal Anti-Soy IgA 119 (Normal Range < 10 units)

Join eNewsletter

Welcome! There is a lot of knowledge on this board. I recommend that you search through the old threads for answers, and ask questions to help get you through this. You are not alone.

Cindy

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease April 2005

Diabetic

Join eNewsletter

Just a word of warning. This place can be addictive :lol: It is so nice to have a place to talk to folks dealing with the same issues. Where else can we discuss our poo at length, for instance? I know my husband doesn't want to hear about mine anymore :rolleyes:

thank you for bringing me in to your spcea :D my hubbie is so happy as well! Nice to know I am not the only one talking poo!! :lol:

Join eNewsletter

Welcome!! I am an Aussie ( not that you can't tell by my avatar lol)

I am nearly 60 and am celiac confimed by biospy although I've known that gluten causes a problem for me and I can see the signs going back to my childhood

Diagnosed Eczema 1964 aged 16 but with what I know now from research am sure it was Dermatitis Herpetiformis

Diagnosed Irritable Bowel Syndrome 1969 at age 21 but had it from age of 12 many painful episodes over the years( was probably Coeliac all along)

Diagnosed Hashimoto's Disease/Hypothyroid November 1994

Low B12 November 2006

Low B12 (still!) July 2007 Docs are happy with results just above low end of normal..*sigh*....still need to resolve it

Gluten free since October 2006 after failing gluten challenge

Diagnosed Hiatus Hernia and Los Angeles Grade A reflux via endoscopy October 2007

Diagnosed with Coeliac Disease via same endoscopy / biopsy October 2007 (took them long enough!) despite being gluten-free damage still evident although had been taking iron tablets for iron deficiency without realizing they contained gluten. Subsequent blood tests show :Positive Anti-Gliadin IgA EIA antibodies, Positive Endomysial antibodies ,Positive tTG IgA antibodies of 300 ("normal" range 0-15)

Auto-immune disease goes back at least 5 generations in my family (and counting) Mainly Type 1 diabetes and rheumatoid arthritis.

Number 1 Son has Type 1 diabetes ..diagnosed March 2007 at age 31, number 2 son aged 24 is A/I disease free so far ,daughter has lichen planus ( similar to psoriasis) diagnosed 2003 at age 17 am now wondering if it is DH but with flippancy of the young she won't get any testing done

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter