Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tephie

Help! Need Bread Crumbs

Hi All,

So I bought a bag of Ammarynth (sp) bread crumbs over the weekend and my husband just tasted them and said they were nasty, does anyone know of any that are good that you can purchase? We don't have any bread made at home to make are own.

Thanks!

Tephie

Positive for dermatitis herpetiformis via skin biopsy and blood tests 6/21/07

Gluten free since 6/25/07

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Well, if you can find any gluten-free corn flakes, you can crush those up to make bread crumbs and add some seasoning. I just make my own from the left over bread pieces. I store them in the freezer until the bag is full, then I bake them until toasted and throw them in the food processor with my seasonings.

ptkds

ptkds

Mom of 4 beautiful girls (the 2 youngest are only 10 months apart!)
Diagnosed with Celiac disease on November 8, 2006; gluten-free as of 12-1-06.

DD#2 13 years old; diagnosed on November 28, 2006. gluten-free as of 12-7-06.
DD#3 9 years old; diagnosed through blood work in October 2006. Gluten-free as of mid-November and doing GREAT!!
DD#4 8 years old; had a scope done on 6-22-07 (at 14 months old) and the dr saw stomach ulcers, but all test results were negative. GI dr told us to put her on the gluten free diet anyway. She is gluten free as of 6-22-07.

Join eNewsletter

I found some made by Southern Homestyle called Corn Flake Crumbs. they are distributed by the SoyNut Butter Company in IL. They work pretty well for me. They come in a round red cardboard container just like regular bread crumbs.

Joni

Dx'd with Celiac Disease 8/01/07

Join eNewsletter

I use a variety of things.

Make my own bread and cut off some of the crusts and ends for breadcumbs.

Buy Gillian's-expensive but I add crumbs from above to stretch it.

Process Health Valley corn chex style cereal. Mostly use this for in things like meatballs and meatloaf. Processing cereal tends to be cheaper than the containers of premade crumbs.

Everyone seems to hate the EnerG tapioca loaf but we used it sucessfully as breading. Processed it and froze it without drying it. Breaded and deep fryed the items. You have to get a good coating of egg and then kind of mash it on and it seems like it won't work but our croquettes came out very nicely. We used this brand because it was the cheapest of the prepared gluten-free breads at the store we were at and I think the softness made fo a nice light crips texture after frying.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

Join eNewsletter

Hi All,

So I bought a bag of Ammarynth (sp) bread crumbs over the weekend and my husband just tasted them and said they were nasty, does anyone know of any that are good that you can purchase? We don't have any bread made at home to make are own.

Thanks!

Tephie

I haven't used the Amaranth bread crumbs before, and haven't heard anybody's review of them, but...just a thought....sometimes the cooked finished product tastes great and nothing like eating them raw/plain/straight out of the package.

Before you throw them away you might want to do a test run with something, it might surprise you!

Join eNewsletter

http://www.kinnikinnick.com

has best breadcrumbs

Left bad taste in mouth: Gillian's

Aramath - funny taste

Corn crumbs : passable but kinnikinick better

Husband has Celiac Disease and

Husband misdiagnosed for 27 yrs -

The misdiagnosis was: IBS or colitis

Mis-diagnosed from 1977 to 2003 by various gastros including one of the largest,

most prestigious medical groups in northern NJ which constantly advertises themselves as

being the "best." This GI told him it was "all in his head."

Serious Depressive state ensued

Finally Diagnosed with celiac disease in 2003

Other food sensitivities: almost all fruits, vegetables, spices, eggs, nuts, yeast, fried foods, roughage, soy.

Needs to gain back at least 25 lbs. of the 40 lbs pounds he lost - lost a great amout of body fat and muscle

Developed neuropathy in 2005

Now has lymphadema 2006It is my opinion that his subsequent disorders could have been avoided had he been diagnosed sooner by any of the dozen or so doctors he saw between 1977 to 2003

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter