Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FrostyFriday

Gluten Free Walnut

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Help, Looking for a brand name for gluten free walnuts.

Thanks in advance.

Walnuts are naturally gluten free, just read the labels for anything added.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Join eNewsletter

We buy walnuts all the time. My daughter loves them in her salad at lunch. We just buy a bag of them in the produce section of our grocery store, King Soopers/Kroger and have never had any trouble. Just walnuts. ;)

Thank you both for your suggestions. I live in Canada and we don't have those above mentioned grocery stores. I am concerned about cross-contamination in the factory, after the walnut is shelled. A lot of companies list the indgredients, but don't declare if there is cross-contamination, so I am presently buying bags of walnuts in the shells and de-shelling them myself just to be on the safe side.

Join eNewsletter

A lot of companies list the indgredients, but don't declare if there is cross-contamination, so I am presently buying bags of walnuts in the shells and de-shelling them myself just to be on the safe side.

It sounds like you've already found an answer that works for you.

If you're wanting to save yourself the work of shelling, you could look for walnuts packaged in facilities that do not deal with anything besides nuts (or at least, no gluten products). Most manufacturers are happy to answer questions about this sort of thing.

Many hard-to-define health problems, some since childhood.

Diagnosed with spastic colon circa 1984.

My father also had many hard-to-define health problems, as did his brother.

His brother's daughter biopsy-diagnosed as celiac, June 2007.

My Prometheus Celiac Plus blood panel results (late November 2007) were **very** negative

---- except for one DQ8 gene.

Awaiting results of EnteroLab stool tests.

Meanwhile, have been gluten-free since 4 December 2007, and starting to feel better!

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter