Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

isiskingdom

Help Please!

I was put on Azithromycin the cheap version of Zithromax for a infected mouth and it been 2 hours since I took it and I am having terrible pain!! Does this med have gluten even though Zithromax is gluten-free? Does Azithromycin have gluten? Are there different brands of this drug? Please Help!!! :ph34r:

Bobbie,

tested positive for celiac 2007

Gall bladder removed 2007

D/C a month after daughter was born 2005

Low Blood Pressure

Fainting disorder

food allergy to Dairy, pork,fish,most peanut butter,nutra sweet,aspartam and more to be determined.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I was put on Azithromycin the cheap version of Zithromax for a infected mouth and it been 2 hours since I took it and I am having terrible pain!! Does this med have gluten even though Zithromax is gluten-free? Does Azithromycin have gluten? Are there different brands of this drug? Please Help!!! :ph34r:

Not sure if it is gluten free or not, but I do know that I can't tolerate any antibiotic ending in mycin. They make me throw up immediately, sharp stomach pains and feel rotten for hours. My doctor told me it's an unfortunate common side effect. I will only take penicillin now.

I got this off of medicinenet.com "The most common side effects are diarrhea or loose stools, nausea, abdominal pain, and vomiting, each of which may occur in fewer than one in twenty persons who receive azithromycin. Rarer side effects include abnormal liver tests, allergic reactions, and nervousness."

Hope you feel better.

Beth

Gluten free since January 2007.

Join eNewsletter

http://www.glutenfreedrugs.com/list.htm

Azithromycin is gluten free. Hope you feel better

Thanks for getting back so fast.........

Bobbie,

tested positive for celiac 2007

Gall bladder removed 2007

D/C a month after daughter was born 2005

Low Blood Pressure

Fainting disorder

food allergy to Dairy, pork,fish,most peanut butter,nutra sweet,aspartam and more to be determined.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter