This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Breakfast Foods - Quick And Easy

mandy0221

mandy0221 Newbie

I need some help. I have fallen victim to being bad and eating tons of food I am allergic to and have made a vow to stop immediatly because I am severly damaging my body.

Anyway my first problem is that I need some breakfast food variety. I work M-F and of course have the hardest time rolling out of bed so I do not have a whole lot of time to prepare something. I do have a microwave, fridge/freezer at work so I could do something there. I know about cerials but I was trying to think of other alternatives so I turn to you.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

melrobsings Contributor

Vans waffles are great and easy in the toaster. Hard boilded eggs the night before. Tater tots with the egg in the morning in the toaster oven, just put in before you shower and get out when about to leave. Fruity Pebbles. Coffee. OJ. Omlett in the microwave: take 2 eggs and some shredded cheese and meat or whatever and put in a bowl in micro for 45 seconds, stir 1/2 way through. to easy!

tarnalberry Community Regular

I do peanut butter and rice cakes, or scrambled eggs (5 min) and rice cakes fairly often. Sometimes I'll make quinoa flakes in the microwave with flax meal (3 min). And sometimes, I just have leftovers - stirfry, steak, etc. :)

missy'smom Collaborator

Get a pancake mix and make up a batch on the weekend and when they are cool lay them flat edges just touching in a large ziplock and put it in the freezer. In the am just put however many you want on a plate and microwave it. You can also put them in a microwavable container, even with a little syrup or jam on, with some fully cooked ham or sausages and warm up at work or wherever, toss in some frozen fruit maybe. Add a milk or alternative drink box.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Vanilla whey protein powder, water/juice, frozen fruit ... just blend. :) Some whey protein is nasty ... but I like BioChem vanilla ... it's smooth.

kbtoyssni Contributor

I like Thai Kitchen soup (like imitation ramen noodles). I make those at work. Or veggie broth. I'm usually not that hungry in the morning so I don't eat and then have half my lunch around 10:30am.

taweavmo3 Enthusiast

Van waffles are really good, my favorites are the apple cinnamon and flax. I wanted to second the mention of quinoa flakes too.....these are on of my staples lately, b/c they are so easy on the stomach. They cook in 90 seconds on the stove, then I add butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and flax. Even my kids eat it, they call it oatmeal.

On the really hectic days I just do a Lara bars, or Raw Revolution bars....I keep those on hand when I need to eat in the car, or when I don't even want to look at my stove in the morning, lol.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Phyllis28 Apprentice

I agree with the other posts. I have actually eaten most of there recomendations for breakfast. I usually have cereal but sometimes I have pancakes, muffins or Enjoy Life Bars. I make the pancakes and muffins in advance and freeze them.

Also, you don't have to have breakfast food in the morning. Quick and easy is anything in the refrigerator, freezer or cupboard that can be eaten cold or microwaved. Soup, pizza or leftover dinner make a good breakfast.

dandelionmom Enthusiast

On crazy mornings, I just grab an envirokid cereal bar and a banana. Usually I'll make an egg or I'll have reheated leftover pancakes (we make extras on weekends!).

wolfie Enthusiast

I do rice cakes with PB & J. DS does Van's Waffles, Yoplait Yogurt, Carnation Instant Breakfast, Envirokids Bar, Fruity pebbles or eggs & bacon.

loco-ladi Contributor

My personal favorite when I am running late is leftovers, they're not just for lunch anymore, lol

when I have a few minutes to spare I either do meat/eggs, pancakes or bobs red mill wicked good hot cereal, I have a box of quinoa but have not yet tried it, same goes for the cream of rice.... yes yes I know I am a big chicken! lol

alamaz Collaborator

i like sausage patties and a piece of fruit (I like the wellshire farms sausage patties that are frozen and pre-cooked - one minute in the microwave), smoothie using frozen fruit, gluten-free granola and fruit. Sometimes I'll eat a leftover hamburger patty or half of a steak but that is rare. Some weeks I'll precook a whole package of bacon in the oven and then put the bacon in the fridge so i can grab it quickly. cream of buckwheat is good but is a little more labor intensive.

gheidie Newbie

My favorite breakfast.. I make it on the weekend, I fry up a huge batch of hashbrowns, onions, and peppers... put them in a 9x13 pan, then I mix eggs, spinache, cheese, and some type of meat.. and poor it all over, enough of the egg stuff to cover the hasbrowns and then I bake it 350 for 30-40 min (knife inserted in the middle is clean) and then I cut it up into tupperwear and keep it in my fridge. I get up and 4:45 so I grab it and go (I also do something for lunches) and then heat it up once I get to work. :)

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

Just wanted to mention, I've just tried the new Kinnikinnick waffles, and they are, in my opinion, far superior to all the others, Van's and Lifestream included. That, and the cinnamon & brown sugar flavor leaves my kitchen smelling like cinnamon rolls for the whole day.

num1habsfan Rising Star

Yes, Vans waffles. Blueberry ones are quite yummy! I also like apple cinnamon waffles, too. And if you have some of those toastabags they even work in that too.

~ Lisa ~

taweavmo3 Enthusiast
My favorite breakfast.. I make it on the weekend, I fry up a huge batch of hashbrowns, onions, and peppers... put them in a 9x13 pan, then I mix eggs, spinache, cheese, and some type of meat.. and poor it all over, enough of the egg stuff to cover the hasbrowns and then I bake it 350 for 30-40 min (knife inserted in the middle is clean) and then I cut it up into tupperwear and keep it in my fridge. I get up and 4:45 so I grab it and go (I also do something for lunches) and then heat it up once I get to work. :)

Ooooh, this sounds excellent! Do you just use a bag of shredded hashbrowns or do you cut up your own???? I make fried potatoes for breakfast sometimes, but since they do take a bit of time, I might try a bag of Ore-Ida to give this recipe a try. It sounds delish! Thanks.

lpellegr Collaborator

Bowl of Greek yogurt topped with cashews and honey or whatever fruit you have on hand will keep you full longer than you would think, and no cooking. I also make batches of gluten-free corn muffins, freeze them, then take two out in a plastic bag to defrost the night before, or toss in the microwave if I forget.

gheidie Newbie

Tamara,

yes I use shredded or o'brien. it makes a GREAT breakfast... I use all kinds of veggies, and any kind of meats.. I have also made it with soy cheese. Always turns out great! I love making it with gluten free chicken sausages I get from Costco.. just slice them up and put them in there mmmmm

Heidie

imsohungry Collaborator

I also just purchased the kinnikinnick waffles. They were excellent! I've already eaten a whole box and it's not even the weekend yet! They are crispy, hold together well, and make the kitchen smell very good. :)

I eat cocoa pebbles cereal some mornings, and gluten-free Granola cereal other mornings.

I also eat bananas/fruit with fruit juice some mornings.

Best of luck! -Julie :)

Archived