Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lizard00

Nausea And Exercise

has anyone out there heard of or experienced nausea while exercising... even while you are trying NOT to overdo it?

i understand it can be associated with leaky gut/celiac? i experience this problem a lot and wondered if i was alone on that or if anyone had any pointers.

thanks

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

Oscar Wilde

Gluten free November 2007

IgA Deficient, Neg Bloodwork, Double DQ2 Positive

Dietary and Genetic Diagnosis June 2, 2008

Soy free Jan 09

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I don't think your alone in this one. One thing you may want to do that can help is to make sure you have had some protein and carbs, both, before you begin your routine. That may help. Don't eat right before you start but a light meal with a hard boiled egg, some cheese, peanut butter, crackers and/or a bit of fruit or nuts might do the trick.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

has anyone out there heard of or experienced nausea while exercising... even while you are trying NOT to overdo it?

Any signs of giddiness when this happens ? How is your blood pressure .... low ? Do you get giddy when standing up suddenly or hate bright light , and shopping mall noise ? I get nausea - usually when my cortisol is low after extra activity. I have adrenal insufficiency. Might pay to google and check that out if you answered yes to any of the above.

Diagnosed May 2006 - Hashimotos Thyroid after being diagnosed in 1977 and told it didn't matter.

Diagnosed June 2006 with adrenal insufficiency.

Diagnosed June 2006 as Gluten Intolerant after I failed the Challenge Diet. Negative blood test.No biopsy.

Diagnosed June 2006 as B12 low. Needed weekly injections for a year.Still have them every 2 weeks.

Trialled Dairy Free Diet and reacted positively to that challenge in January 07.

News Flash! Coeliac Genetic Testing done April 08 . DQ2 Positive !

Diagnosed July 2010 FODMAP. Limits on Fructose, lactose, polyols, fructans. NO ONION! But I can have hard cheese, butter and cream again!!!

I get nausea, shortness of breath, dizziness, and sweating when I exercise. I have ischemia. I failed my stress test last summer. Funny, my cholesterol is 151. My cardiologist feels I have small artery disease. He wanted to take me to the cath lab, but I said NO!, so I am supposed to test again in 6 mos.

I also have a leaky aortic valve.

neesee

Hi Lizard!

"Over-doing it" is all relative, based upon your fitness level. I know some hard-core weightlifters who say that if you DON'T get nauseous (or, preferably, throw up!) when exercising, you're not training hard enough. :D

Do you get nausea at other times, or only when exercising? If it only happens when you exercise, it's probably not related directly to the celiac disease. Make sure you don't eat for a couple hours before your workout. (I prefer exercising first thing in the morning on an empty stomach) And I'd suggest cutting back until you don't get sick when you work out. I don't know your age or fitness level or what kind of workout you're doing, but I strongly believe that for long-term health there's nothing better than long walks and brief, intense weight-training.

If you're like a lot of us (incl me!) and weren't diagnosed for a long time, there are probably lots of organs and systems inside you that are messed up. I'm 2 years gluten-free, and still hypoadrenal and a bit hypothyroid. But I'm a lot better than a year ago and A LOT better than 2 years ago. Let yourself heal.