This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Fell Off The Wagon

pnltbox27

pnltbox27 Contributor

i fell off the wagon a week before thanksgiving and ate everything in sight thru christmas, now 10 lbs and major headaches later , i trying to get back on track.i never used to get bad headaches after eating gluten,but im working on a 5 day headache marathon. my only symptoms before were upset stomach and big d which i handled i thought pretty good for 25 years or so.is it fairly common to go gluten free for a period of time then reintroduce gluten and have new reactions???? hope everyone is well and had a happy holiday season

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Glutenfreefamily Enthusiast

Yes new symptoms can be common. My daughter has more symptoms since going gluten free when she is accidentally glutened. Get some red bull to hopefully help with the headaches and they also help me with being tired and get back on the wagon :)

Take care and I hope you had a good holiday too

Sailing Girl Apprentice

I, too, got migraines for the first time after I tried to reintroduce gluten (long story -- was doing the diet for my DD and didn't realize *I* had a problem, too!). Those horrible headaches went away for me quickly (within a week) after I went gluten-free again, so hopefully they will for you, too! In the meantime, caffeine (Red Bull or otherwise) and sublingual B12 will keep you going.

Good luck!

Jane

mamaw Community Regular

Glutenfreefamily

Can you tell me how Red Bull helps with the headaches? I never heard that before & I'm curious & wonder if it would work for migraines & neck pain headaches. I never had Red bUll but see it around in stores, very expensive. Is it loaded with caffiene?

thanks

mamaw

ehrin Explorer

Red Bull is chock full of caffeine, and caffeine helps with headaches!

ruthla Contributor
Red Bull is chock full of caffeine, and caffeine helps with headaches!

I personally prefer drinking coffee for the caffeine to prevent migraines.

mamaw- It is as ehrin said loaded with caffeine and b vitamins. I drink a can or two if I get glutened and sometimes just for a migraine tonic or if Im exhausted and just have too much to do.

Its a great once in a while pick me up. I keep it ice cold because if its warm I have a hard time drinking it. I pick mine up by the case at sams club and its more reasonably priced that way. The difference that it makes when I have been glutened makes it worth the price for me. Buy a couple and save them to see how they do for you before you buy a case.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mamaw Community Regular

Thanks for the replies. I figured it had to be loaded with caff..... I will get a couple cans to try it & keep it on hand... I rarely get glutened... are there flavors? if so what is good?

thanks

mamaw

The only kinds I know of are sugar free red bull and regular red bull. I buy the regular kind because Im not big on artificial sweeteners as they have kind of an aftertaste to me. Flavor wise I wouldnt say its "good" but that may be just me. I consider it ok and just drink it for the benefits for me not the flavor. I cant drink it warm but really cold is alright.

mamaw Community Regular

Thanks

mamaw

Archived