• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Shwem

Gluten Free Soy Sauce?

Rate this topic

soy sauce is one of my favorite sauces but do they make a gluten free soy sauce that still tastes like the real thing?

San-J wheat free tamari soy sauce is about as close as they come. It's the only one we can get in Hawaii but others on the forum have written

about other brands.

Ken

soy sauce is one of my favorite sauces but do they make a gluten free soy sauce that still tastes like the real thing?

I actually prefer the wheat-free one. I found one in the health-food section of my grocery store, wheat free organic tamari

If you have a Wal Mart by you, their Great Value Brand soy sauce is gluten free. It says on the package...as always, make sure you read the label. :)

La Choy is also gluten free as well as La Choy Teriyaki. Most store soy sauces do contain wheat.

Here in the frozen North, there is VH brand Soy Sauce. It is gluten-free and is sold as a mainstream product in just about every grocery store. We use it, and think highly of it. VH has a large line of sauces, and just about all of them are gluten-free. VH is owned by ConAgra, an American company, but is only sold in Canada. Pity. ;)

You might like Bragg's Aminos. It tastes very good. Here is the information from their website: http://www.bragg.com/products/liquidaminos.html

Bragg Liquid Aminos is a Certified NON-GMO liquid protein concentrate, derived from healthy soybeans, that contains the following Essential and Non-essential Amino Acids in naturally occurring amounts:

16 Amino Acids

Alanine

Arginine

Aspartic Acid

Glutamic Acid

Glycine

Histidine

Isoleucine

Leucine

Methionine

Phenylalanine

Proline

Serine

Threonine

Tyrosine

Valine

Lysine

Great on Salads & Dressings, Soups, Veggies, Rice & Beans, Tofu, Wok & Stir-frys, Tempeh, Casseroles, Potatoes, Meats, Poultry, Fish, Jerky, Popcorn, Gravies & Sauces, Macrobiotics.

Ingredients: Our Bragg Liquid Aminos are made from health-giving, NON-GMO soybeans and purified water. They are an excellent, healthy, gourmet replacement for Tamari and Soy Sauce. Not fermented or heated and Gluten-Free.

Bragg's has a small amount of naturally occurring sodium. No table salt is added. If less sodium is desired use a 6 oz. Bragg's spray bottle and dilute with 1/3 distilled water or to taste and then either add in or spray on food.

HEALTH BENEFITS:

Bragg Liquid Aminos contains:

no chemicals

no artificial coloring

no alcohol

no preservatives

no Gluten

Certified NON-GMO

Hope this helps,

We often use Braggs too although not as a soy sauce replacement. Do use it in ponzu sauces. It's found on tables at many Hawaii restaurants now. Mrs Bragg has a farm about 10 miles from me.

You might like Bragg's Aminos. It tastes very good. Here is the information from their website: http://www.bragg.com/products/liquidaminos.html

Bragg Liquid Aminos is a Certified NON-GMO liquid protein concentrate, derived from healthy soybeans, that contains the following Essential and Non-essential Amino Acids in naturally occurring amounts:

16 Amino Acids

Alanine

Arginine

Aspartic Acid

Glutamic Acid

Glycine

Histidine

Isoleucine

Leucine

Methionine

Phenylalanine

Proline

Serine

Threonine

Tyrosine

Valine

Lysine

Great on Salads & Dressings, Soups, Veggies, Rice & Beans, Tofu, Wok & Stir-frys, Tempeh, Casseroles, Potatoes, Meats, Poultry, Fish, Jerky, Popcorn, Gravies & Sauces, Macrobiotics.

Ingredients: Our Bragg Liquid Aminos are made from health-giving, NON-GMO soybeans and purified water. They are an excellent, healthy, gourmet replacement for Tamari and Soy Sauce. Not fermented or heated and Gluten-Free.

Bragg's has a small amount of naturally occurring sodium. No table salt is added. If less sodium is desired use a 6 oz. Bragg's spray bottle and dilute with 1/3 distilled water or to taste and then either add in or spray on food.

HEALTH BENEFITS:

Bragg Liquid Aminos contains:

no chemicals

no artificial coloring

no alcohol

no preservatives

no Gluten

Certified NON-GMO

Hope this helps,

Would someone please let us know how Braggs Liquid Aminos on popcorn tastes? I'm dying to know. B)

best regards, lm

Would someone please let us know how Braggs Liquid Aminos on popcorn tastes? I'm dying to know. B)

best regards, lm

it tastes salty, and slightly soy-ey. whether you like it or not depends on what you use it in, and your tastebuds. I like in in some things, and really don't like it in others. (not a fan of it as a sub for soy sauce in most stir-fries, actually. certainly not the more savory ones.)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Top Posters +

• Upcoming Events

• March 24, 2019 Until March 27, 2019
      NEW ORLEANS GOURMET GLUTEN-FREE mini GETAWAY    March 24 ~ 27, 2019   We have arranged a fun and Gluten-free food filled mini in the city known for it's food and fun.  We have arranged to eat many of the famous dishes that aren't usually Gluten-free at a few of the World Renown restaurants.   Staying at the Royal Sonesta Hotel on Bourbon Street in the center of the French Quarter, you'll be able to enjoy the ambiance of the city at all hours.   Our itinerary will include a Luxury Coach tour of the city and surrounding area - Admission to The National World War II Museum, including the Tom Hanks" 4D film "Beyond All Boundaries" - an exciting Airboat ride and tour through the Bayou.      This it the 3rd time we have visited New Orleans and it has always been well attended, so join us even if you've been there before.  Check out our website for the complete itinerary and cost.    Due to contractual obligations we must have 20 participants by October 31, 2018 to make this a go.      If you have any questions just give us a call at 410-939-3218.  Bob & Ruth info@bobandruths.com (410) 939-3218
    • March 27, 2019 04:00 PM Until 08:00 AM

Celiac Emotional Healing Support Group

Again you are invited to join Johnny Patout, LCSW for Baton Rouge's first emotional healing support group meeting to assist those living with celiac disease manage the emotional challenges so many of us face. Most often the emotional disturbances include depression, disinterest in normal activities, insomnia, grief, mood changes, anxiety, inability to concentrate, extreme concern about managing a gluten-free lifestyle and other emotional and behavioral challenges.

The professionals at Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center created the emotional healing support group to give us a safe place to begin to process our emotions and support each other as we heal emotionally while managing celiac disease and the resulting autoimmune disorders.

The emotional healing support group meets every Thursday, 6:00-7:00pm, at the Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center of Baton Rouge. Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center is located at 4637 Jamestown Avenue, Baton Rouge, Suite B-1. Suite B-1 is upstairs.

The support group is free and open everyone managing celiac disease. For more information: emotionalhealingforceliacs@hotmail.com
    • March 30, 2019 Until March 31, 2019
      Nourished Festival is a family-friendly event with 10 locations across the US. Attendees will be able to sample food, health and beauty products, meet with companies, learn about the most current food lifestyles, receive coupons and attend educational sessions with industry experts. 
      Nourished Festival, managed by The Nourished Group and presented by Enjoy Life Foods, is the largest gluten-free, allergy-friendly and specialty diet event in the US, with 10 locations including.
      ABOUT THE NOURISHED FESTIVALS
      Managed by The Nourished Group, formerly The Gluten Free Media Group, The Nourished Festivals are the largest and fastest growing special diet consumer events in the United States. Started in 2007, the events have expanded from one to ten cities throughout the country. The festivals cater to anyone looking to lead a healthier lifestyle or those who follow a specialty diet due to autoimmune conditions, food sensitivities, allergies or intolerances. Offerings including Paleo, Keto, Plant-Based, Gluten-Free, Allergen-Friendly and Nut-Free products. The events provide the opportunity for attendees to sample and purchase new products, receive coupons, meet with brand ambassadors and attend educational classes with industry experts. For more information, visit http://www.nourishedfestival.com 

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    udayshankar

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Forum Discussions

Hi, Thanks for your answer! Unfortunately I have to follow the MAOI diet for as long as I'm taking the MAOI, so essentially nobody's going to be inviting me round to dinner from now on… This is a bit of a shock. I don't really have any clear-cut symptoms that I would've considered worth going to the GP about. I mean I'm always tired and I have a bit of IBS and so on but generally I put that down to the other things wrong with me and the medication I have to take for them (mostly the bi
    Thanks Posterboy, that was interesting information.  I believe that I had read something elsewhere about tetracycline, at least, being used instead of, or along with, Dapsone for severe or refractory cases of DH. Unfortunately, even if I had medical insurance (which I do not), and had a regular doctor who was even willing to recognize and accept my condition for what it is, I don't know what kind of luck I would have in persuading that hypothetical doctor to give me a particular and non-sta
Healthysquirrel,  Please have your doctor check your Vitamin D level!   Vitamin D deficiency is related to vertigo https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27386060 Vitamin D can help with high IgE https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5263170/ Low vitamin D and low ferritin are tied https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29385099 Dry eye problems including blepharitis can be helped with vitamin d and vitamin a https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles
  • Blog Entries